: Price Check: Imac G5 Rev.B 2GB RAM

yield
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Hi, I purchased this iMac Rev.B about 3 months ago for close to $3000!! It is in perfect condition no scratches and has barely been used. I have to sell it because I am going back to school and need a laptop now -- i cant manage both :(

Anyways, I am looking to get no less than $2500.00 is this reasonable? Thanks. It is basically brand new.

wonderings
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
what are the specs of this machine?

yield
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Oops... forgot! It's basically the best iMac G5 you can get
iMac G5 Rev B.
2Ghz PowerPC
2 GB Matched RAM
20" Screen
Bluetooth, Airport
All original software, box, etc.

MannyP Design
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I think it's reasonable... and if I had the quid, I'd buy it off you right now. :D

CanadaRAM
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Apple.ca $2,199
2 Gb RAM $380
-----------------
New $2,579 retail (less for education)

$2500 would be way too much for a 3 month used machine.

andrewenterprise
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:08 PM
2 Gb of Ram is $617 from Apple.
That machine retails (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/70209/wo/yn4XfzvWD9eZ2d7xaha8WZeZYGo/2.0.11.1.0.6.3) for $2816 plus tax. In which case, you could always ask $2500 and let it be noted that you'll consider all offers.

macguy.nielsen
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:24 PM
You're probably going to have your system on the boards for a long time at $2500. When someone could spend a couple extra $'s and get a brand new one with the same ram. Used machines values go down tremendously (yes I know Mac's keep their value), so I'd suggest forfeiting your price on the ram and go with $2200.

yield
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Well I woudln't be willing to go lower than $2500.00 really... but I do think that $2500.00 is a good price...
From Apple it would cost $3200 with taxes... I also have microsoft office installed as well as sims 2...

andrewenterprise
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Well you would have to format before you sell anyway, and to be legal if including any software you must include the ORIGINAL DISKS!

macguy.nielsen
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Well, are you giving the whole software setup (cd's, manuals, etc) with the system? Which MS Office is it?

yield
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Well, are you giving the whole software setup (cd's, manuals, etc) with the system? Which MS Office is it?

Well, I have the original CD's , I would reformat and Install Office and the Sims but I would not be giving the CD's...

So I guess it's not worth that much. Still I dotn think $2500 is a bad price...

Thanks for all the input! I will take it all in consideration

andrewenterprise
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
If you are including any software, you have to include the original disks.

macguy.nielsen
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:41 PM
It's illegal to "sell" software without the original packaging included in the sale and you not keeping any type of "back-up" copy or keycodes. FYI.

CanadaRAM
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Well, I have the original CD's , I would reformat and Install Office and the Sims but I would not be giving the CD's...

So I guess it's not worth that much. Still I dotn think $2500 is a bad price...

Thanks for all the input! I will take it all in consideration
As mentioned, it would not be legal to offer Office and The Sims unless you were providing the original CDs, serial numbers and transfer of license to the purchaser.

Regarding RAM prices at Apple, what was paid for the goods does not equal their value for resale. The street price, retail, on 2 Gb of RAM is $380.

You can use the "no taxes" status to compare against a new purchase, but then you would also have to consider Apple's free shipping. The fact remains that the machine is not new and does not have full warranty remaining.

andrewenterprise
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:46 PM
As mentioned, it would not be legal to offer Office and The Sims unless you were providing the original CDs, serial numbers and transfer of license to the purchaser.

Regarding RAM prices at Apple, what was paid for the goods does not equal their value for resale. The street price, retail, on 2 Gb of RAM is $380.

You can use the "no taxes" status to compare against a new purchase, but then you would also have to consider Apple's free shipping. The fact remains that the machine is not new and does not have full warranty remaining.

Ah, My bad.

Here (https://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=14684) are the trading post rules. Rule number 6 states software. Besides it being a rule here on ehMac that original disks must be included, it is also the law