: What type of Apple User are you?

macguy.nielsen
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Take this great poll, this is mostly for my curiosty sake.

andrewenterprise
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:05 AM
I dont see a Poll...

macguy.nielsen
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Oh, its there. Just took a bit, John Stewart distracted me :P

teeterboy3
Aug 11th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Where is the all of the above option?

Macaholic
Aug 11th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Can't a musician perhaps be a professional?? :D I'm a composer, but chose professional.

macsackbut
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I chose professional because that's how I can justify all the Apple toys, but I work at home, so I'm also a home user.

Stephanie
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I'm a professional home user musician photographer. I don't do gaming and I've only made two iMovies so I had to exclude the last two. ;-)

And I do love the fact that out-of-the-box, the Mac lets you do pretty much all of those things.

-Stephanie

simon
Aug 11th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I chose professional because that's how I can justify all the Apple toys, but I work at home, so I'm also a home user.

same here ...

MannyP Design
Aug 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Just so I can fluff my post count:

I'm a graphic designer, illustrator (both 2D and 3D), and occasional multimedia designer/animator, who also does DV editing and occasionally DVD development of the side.

Weapons of choice:
Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash, Dreamweaver, ElectricImage 3D, AfterEffects, DVD Studio Pro, Premiere (OS 9), and FCE/iMovie.

I've also been known to play the odd game of Halo/Battlefield/Medal of Honor. ;)

used to be jwoodget
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Ummm.... not such a "great" poll since it is inherently biased towards the categories listed. When did you last beat your wife? A. Last week B. Last month C. Last year.

Might want to retake Nielsen 101. ;)

Kosh
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I had to chose between gamer and home user, so I chose gamer... but I have to say I use it for both... especially now that I'm using iTunes, iPhoto, and starting to burn DVDs. Still can't believe it's so easy to burn 4.7GB of data onto a DVD. Wow.

JAMG
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I use my Macs for everything... and I am usually very professional about it..

CN
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I'd like to think I'm a professional...but...not really :D

jonmon
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:47 PM
i'm a lowly home user
i should be doing more with my mac
i just like thinking that i can :)

thejst
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM
I use my Macs for everything... and I am usually very professional about it..
LOL
:D

I am a musician/internet junkie. I had been using a PC for all the music stuff for the longest time untill I got sick of all the headaches. I bought a G5 iMac to take care of all the 'office stuff' and used the PC solely for recording- I tried the G5 one day to just try its hand at recording some tracks in my studio and sold the PC 2 days later.

Logic+ a G5= heaven. Now also have an iBook for 'on location' recordings and school.
Wish I could find some games to play on the iBook, but not having much luck (would really like to try WoW, but too much $$$ for something I would lose interest in pretty quickly- it would also be a time sucker...)

:D

macguy.nielsen
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Ummm.... not such a "great" poll since it is inherently biased towards the categories listed. When did you last beat your wife? A. Last week B. Last month C. Last year.

Might want to retake Nielsen 101. ;)

Uh, this post is rather rude and uncalled for. I'd appreciate constructive posts not mockary. Thanks.

mguertin
Aug 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Uh, this post is rather rude and uncalled for. I'd appreciate constructive posts not mockary. Thanks.

Well the content was a bit iffy, but the gist of the post was on the mark. I didn't vote as to not skew the results as I fall into multiple categories as well, Professional, Musician, Home User, etc ...

used to be jwoodget
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM
In that case, best not start off your thread with: "Take this great poll, this is mostly for my curiosty sake."

Note I didn't mock your typos - just pointed out the limitations of the poll design. Onwards.....

Lawrence
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Ah crap...I can't find the "all of the above" button.
(Who says Mac users can't multi-task?)

TroutMaskReplica
Aug 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I'd appreciate constructive posts not mockary.

that'd be mockery. sorry, couldn't resist.

i use my mac to be a professional smartass.

CN
Aug 11th, 2005, 10:39 PM

Hahaha :D Now we know why TMR wants more categories...I think we'll chalk you down under "Other" although a smartass category could be good ;)

Macaholic
Aug 12th, 2005, 12:09 AM

LOL! :D

yeah, system-wide spell checker is a valuable "hidden feature" of OS X. Not talkin' down to anybody, as I use it ALL the time... but I do know it's there ;)

And Manny? Ya better fluff a little more fervently. Ya gots yerself a long way to go, baby!

Chealion
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:01 AM

You called?

Macaholic
Aug 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM
HAHA! Good call, Chealion :D