: Digital Music Studios

Got Mac?
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Sory this isn't mac related.

What is the best digital music studio for PC?

thejst
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Nuendo by Stienberg. Hands Down.

lpkmckenna
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:44 AM
The very best would have to be ProTools. But ProTools is designed with external audio gear in mind. Unless you are planning to spend several grand in digital audio gear (beyond your computer), Nuendo is indeed the best/most practical option.

Or come over to the Mac, which has twice as many pro-level audio studios available :)

district
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:33 AM
If you just want to record demos on the cheap with a regular sound card, N-Track Studio is the way to go. It's powerful and uses very little CPU resources :cool: .

http://ntrack.com/

CanadaRAM
Aug 11th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Sory this isn't mac related.

What is the best digital music studio for PC?
Like asking what's the best car?
Depends on a lot of factors. For live use? Hiphop? Orchestral? Film? Portable? Pro Studio up to and including Mastering with no budget limitations? Under $1,000? Under $10,000? What hardware are you willihng to buy to support it? What hardware and software do you already have?

Go out and get Recording, Sound on Sound, Mix, Future Music, Keyboard, Electronic Musician, and Computer Music magazines and study. They review software and hardware continually.

mguertin
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
value for the dollar, depending on what you do, I've been very happy with Sonar 4 .. I avoid Steinberg products like the plague, very buggy and their tech support and patches are not the greatest ... ProTools is great too if you can afford the digidesign hardware to go with things (but it's not very cost effective, the M-audio hardware is just crap heh .. ooops did I type that out loud? LOL)