Combo Drive
256MB RAM (1 slot working)
60GB Hard Drive
Firewire 800
USB 2
DVI/S Video
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth

Comes with Brenthaven Carry case (well used) and a new wrist rug (not even installed), DVI to VGA Adaptor.

Has three small dings on the top lid and a ding and some pitting on the palm rest (will be covered by the wrist rug). I can provide pictures, otherwise in good working condition, keyboard (non illuminated) and screen are in perfect condition.

da_jonesy
Aug 10th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I was thinking of something in the $1800 range... It that unreasonable?

Here is a picture...

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM
That sounds pretty reasonable...you might even get more? To judge the value I usually check out the completed listings on eBay...gives you a pretty decent idea of current market value.

dibenga
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM
1 ram slot works? The other doesn't?
Cosmetic dings.
Combo drive not a superdrive
Amount of ram is pitiful for 1800 bucks

There are alot of these 15" powerbooks around
I wouldn't pay more than $1300 and thats stretching

just me.

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Is it still under warranty? Could you persuade Apple to replace the motherboard? That might hugely increase what you can get for it...

da_jonesy
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:12 PM
1 ram slot works? The other doesn't?
Cosmetic dings.
Combo drive not a superdrive
Amount of ram is pitiful for 1800 bucks

There are alot of these 15" powerbooks around
I wouldn't pay more than $1300 and thats stretching

just me.

LOL... do you work for CPUsed in their acquisitions department? They are selling 15" 667MHz/256MB/60GB/Super/56k TiBooks for $1299

Don't you think that is a little low? I threw out $1800 as a starting point based on what I've seen on eBay... but $500 less?

And I just saw someone selling their 1 GHZ Al 15" for $1400 here in the classifieds and his machine doesn't even have the bluetooth working.

I should say that it comes with 512 MB, however only one chip is seen and ram is cheap these days... 512 is under $100 and 1 GB is under $200

da_jonesy
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Is it still under warranty? Could you persuade Apple to replace the motherboard? That might hugely increase what you can get for it...

Unfortunately it is about 5 months outside of the 1 year Applecare.

groovetube
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:23 PM
it might be worth your while to see how a possible class action suit plays out over that 1 slot issue. Visit here and sign: http://lowermemoryslot.editkid.com/

da_jonesy
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:35 PM
it might be worth your while to see how a possible class action suit plays out over that 1 slot issue. Visit here and sign: http://lowermemoryslot.editkid.com/

Yeah I did put my name on that, and we've been sent an email as to which firm is handling the suit.

satchmo
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Not sure if $1800 is possible.
Using CPUsed as a guide is okay, but just remember, they usually get the stuff next to nothing (as most are trade up equipment and people are just happy to get something). They then turn around and sell it for way too much.

I'd look into fixing that RAM slot...you might not get too many nibbles as that's a major issue (at least in my books)
Good luck. :)

da_jonesy
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Not sure if $1800 is possible.
Using CPUsed as a guide is okay, but just remember, they usually get the stuff next to nothing (as most are trade up equipment and people are just happy to get something). They then turn around and sell it for way too much.

I'd look into fixing that RAM slot...you might not get too many nibbles as that's a major issue (at least in my books)
Good luck. :)

Yeah I know... I'm thinking I might include a 1 GB SODIMM (which is what I am using now)... but I would definitely be looking at something closer $1800 as that SODIMM costs about $175 after taxes.

CN
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:12 AM
The 1gb SO-DIMM might pay for itself...only 256mb of RAM might scare off some buyers (who don't want to upgrade themselves) so you might actually increase the selling price of your Powerbook by more than the price of the RAM...

da_jonesy
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:04 AM
The 1gb SO-DIMM might pay for itself...only 256mb of RAM might scare off some buyers (who don't want to upgrade themselves) so you might actually increase the selling price of your Powerbook by more than the price of the RAM...

I've listed it at $1650

monokitty
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM
LOL... do you work for CPUsed in their acquisitions department? They are selling 15" 667MHz/256MB/60GB/Super/56k TiBooks for $1299

Don't you think that is a little low?

CPUsed - like most Apple resellers that sell used equipment - is a ripoff. A 667 MHz Ti for $1299? What a joke that price is. $1299 is what your PowerBook G4 is worth - if that, IMO.

da_jonesy
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:37 PM
CPUsed - like most Apple resellers that sell used equipment - is a ripoff. A 667 MHz Ti for $1299? What a joke that price is. $1299 is what your PowerBook G4 is worth - if that, IMO.

Now you see... CPUsed for better of for worse (and just as an example) has been in business for YEARS (well over a decade). They will very likely get that for their TiBooks... If that is a joke, it seems to work well for them.

You have been a noted lowballer... so I take your input for what it is worth. I see that the going rate on eBay for a similar machine to mine has been about $1400 USD so about $1680 Cdn.

I have already had an offer at $1500 so thanks for your input Lars.

RobTheGob
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I have already had an offer at $1500 so thanks for your input Lars.

Well - I guess if you ask for opinions on pricing - you shouldn't be surprised if you get them...

CN
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:21 PM
$1500 seems like a fair offer...I'd take it if I were you (and no, I'm not the one who offered it!)

robert
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Lars just pisses people off. Has done for years. What you don't consider is that CPUsed also warrenties their used stuff. 90 days, I believe. Peace of mind for some.
I think $1500 is a fair price considering wear and tear and that ram issue.

da_jonesy
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Well - I guess if you ask for opinions on pricing - you shouldn't be surprised if you get them...

Yeah I know, but still... I think those blurting outrageously low prices is defeating the purpose of asking what a reasonable price would be.

da_jonesy
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Lars just pisses people off. Has done for years. What you don't consider is that CPUsed also warrenties their used stuff. 90 days, I believe. Peace of mind for some.
I think $1500 is a fair price considering wear and tear and that ram issue.

I will likely go with the $1500 offer as I am keen to get a new iBook soon.

postivevibez
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I will likely go with the $1500 offer as I am keen to get a new iBook soon.
but the question remains...is this a good pb for 1500 (I am not the one who is offering 1500 *wink*)

da_jonesy
Aug 12th, 2005, 12:02 AM
but the question remains...is this a good pb for 1500 (I am not the one who is offering 1500 *wink*)

I think it is a great Powerbook for the Price... Considering that someone here is selling a 1 GHZ PB G4 15" with a nasty bend and non working bluetooth for $1400.

;)

da_jonesy
Aug 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Looks like $1500 was the magic number... starting to see lots of interest so I've dropped the price. Thanks for the input folks.

da_jonesy
Aug 15th, 2005, 10:45 PM
The Powerbook was sold this evening for ~$1600 CDN on eBay.

I should have have just trusted the open market in the first place than ask here for a price check.

iPetie
Aug 15th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Good for you! I always check Ebay pretty closely when setting prices.

Remember, when you're selling something, everyone sets value on different sets of criteria. Lars sets and values on the low side always. That you can count on, but others may set value on different criteria. All it means is that Lars is not going to buy your or my product.