: shipping question

maddogjones
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hey ya'll... i bought a 12" ibook last week, and apple is using sameday.ca to ship it to me

http://www.sameday.ca/shipmentInquiry.asp?probill=SVA1108287&LangID=EN&x=45&y=16

thats the link to my shipping tracker... it says it shoulda been here yesterday, but i still have not received it, any idea on how accurate they are with estimating delivery dates???? THANKS

kurt

thejst
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hey Kurt,
I'm also in Winnipeg, and SameDay should probably deliver it to you today.
You can also go pick it up at their warehouse, which is just down route 90 in an industrial park out by Red River College. It's kind of tricky to find, but it was faster for me to pick it up than to wait around for them to deliver it...

Congrats on your iBook, and welcome to EhMac- ther'es a lot more 'Peggers here than there were six months ago...See you at Bar Italia with your new 'book!

tikibangout
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Lucky, mine shipped FedEx and took way longer than needed.

CN
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:01 PM
SameDay's tracking is really not very good...mine arrived quite a few days after it was supposed, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

maddogjones
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hey Kurt,
Congrats on your iBook, and welcome to EhMac- ther'es a lot more 'Peggers here than there were six months ago...See you at Bar Italia with your new 'book!

BEAUTY, ya i want it mostly for university, but definitly see u at bar italia, hopefully no one gets popped while we're there ha!

mguertin
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:58 PM
SameDay's tracking is really not very good...mine arrived quite a few days after it was supposed, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

Yep that's an understatement. We have seen their stuff arrive a _week_ after their site told us it would. We don't use them anymore for anything. I always asks who is to ship items and if it's sameday and there's no other option or if the seller can't tell me I don't buy from them.

Chealion
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:59 PM

CN - I'd say their tracking is quite good. The only problem is that they can't track it until the package actually arrives in Canada (meaning Apple gets it from California to either Markham or Richmond) and then it's given to them.

maddogjones
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
CN - I'd say their tracking is quite good. The only problem is that they can't track it until the package actually arrives in Canada (meaning Apple gets it from California to either Markham or Richmond) and then it's given to them.

so now that it is in canada, is it accurate on its delivery date?? im so pumped ha

mishi8
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
so now that it is in canada, is it accurate on its delivery date?? im so pumped ha

For my Apple delivery with them, there was no tracking info until it got into Canada. Once they had the item, they delivered as estimated. I have to wonder, though, how often stuff gets held up in customs, and slows down delivery.

mguertin
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:48 PM

YMMV on that. The last few shipments we had with them the tracking was very poor! But I guess that's how it goes.

I say, expect the worst and when it arrives and intact you are pleasantly surprised! :cool:

maddogjones
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Shipment Number SVA1108287
From RICHMOND, BC
To WINNIPEG, MB
Service EG - Ground Service
Pick-up Thursday, August 4, 2005
Appointment Thursday, August 11, 2005 06:00 pm

does anyone from winnipeg know what this means exactly.. like do i have to go somewhere and pick it up???

mishi8
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Shipment Number SVA1108287
From RICHMOND, BC
To WINNIPEG, MB
Service EG - Ground Service
Pick-up Thursday, August 4, 2005
Appointment Thursday, August 11, 2005 06:00 pm

does anyone from winnipeg know what this means exactly.. like do i have to go somewhere and pick it up???

Call them and ask.

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM
That's weird...they have always delivered to my door and I live in a rural region.