: So, who has a Mightly Mouse?

Sander
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Anyone here? What do you think about it? Worth it?

I also hear that the mouse is back-ordered already. Where did you get yours?

Cheers,

Sander

adam1185
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Good luck finding one now, I just checked the apple store online and its back ordered 7-10 days.

The Doug
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I ordered mine online from Apple on Tuesday last week, as soon as it was announced. It was delivered last Thursday morning (yes, 48 hours later). See my comments (https://www.ehmac.ca/showpost.php?p=260100&postcount=84) in the "Double Clickage!" thread from last week. I posted a couple of pics in my ehMac gallery.

With several days of use under my belt, I am still very pleased with it, I find it easy & comfortable to use, and I'm glad I bought it. Especially returning to work this morning after a three-day weekend, and having to use the crummy scroll-wheel mouse attached to my WinXP box. Its scroll wheel feels gigantic and annoyingly cheap compared to the Mighty Mouse's scroll ball. Gack.

:)

Elias26
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Not me! I am quite happy with my multi-button Macally mouse. It's a heck of a lot cheaper, and is ergonomically designed to fit the hand nicely. Because I dabble with Maya a lot and will again very soon, I need something that won't add to, and says this in a deep voice, "carpal-tunnel syndrome."

People who have to spend $65 Cdn on technology that is years old and can be had for half the price, for the name "Apple" make me sick. Okay, maybe not sick, but it doesn't make sense. I love my Mac computer too, but there is a time when you have to consider the value of said product, if you can get one that's relatively the same for half the price and ask yourself, does it really make sense to spend that kind of money on a mouse that is terribly over priced just so I can get that silly Apple logo?

If yes is your answer, then good for you. This world needs its crazy people. Without you guys, this world would be dull.

The Doug
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Chaque à son goût, mon ami.

Elias26
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I know Doug, but 65 for a mouse that you can get for 30?!

hehe

Is that Apple logo really worth the extra 35 bucks? heh

A Mac computer is different.. it's a machine with its own OS and processor.. it's different from a Wintel machine, but a multi-button LED mouse is a multi-button LED mouse... It's one of many similar mice. Only shape and precision is a bit different, but then again the Macally I am using has a similar shape and feel to the 1 button Apple mouse that came packaged with my PM. However, it has the scroll wheel and the right button click feature that some of my software demands.

I don't get it! Will it grow in value over the years? No. Is it the best product available on the market. Definitely no. So why?! WHY?! Help me to understand.

Lets all pray Apple doesn't come out with a Mighty Mouse with two Apple logos or we'll see a 100 dollar version! eep!

hehe *shuts up before he pisses off someone* Maybe I am too late for that. lol

Sander
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks Doug.

I went to the Apple Store Yorkdale tonight and they said they should be getting a whole lot sometime this week. Probably Thursday. Woohoo.

Cheers,

Sander

josheejs
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM
if not the mighty mouse, then what? what mice do you recommend? secondly, what mini mice do all the pbook and ibook users like?

Grunt
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM
what mini mice do all the pbook and ibook users like?

I have a Logitech Notebook Optical Mouse Plus (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=8142). It works very well and it's nice and compact, too. :)

dona83
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I want a mighty mouse :D

gmark2000
Aug 9th, 2005, 12:36 AM
I've got a Logitech MX510 wired optical mouse. It's optimized for gaming but it has extreme tracking. I don't think I have a need for a mighty mouse. Apple was too late in the game with this one.

Derrick
Aug 9th, 2005, 12:39 AM
I ordered one a couple days ago ... it is expected to ship on 8/22.

saxamaphone
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I know Doug, but 65 for a mouse that you can get for 30?!

hehe

Is that Apple logo really worth the extra 35 bucks? heh

Where else can you get a 4-5 button mouse with a built in mini trackball? let alone for $30? I could use one for my windows pc...

MacBro
Aug 9th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Im kinda stumped that the new Apple mouse isn't offered in a wireless version.

Comments? :confused:

G42G6
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I ordered mine on the 3rd and FedEx says it should be in tomorrow (10th)

A week wait... not bad

planders
Aug 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Mine just arrived here at work, won't be able to try it out until I get home. Looks like a nice piece of gear, though--solidly built and typically attractive. More news later! :)

Steve-O
Aug 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
mighty mouse should be here any day now :)

planders
Aug 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Well, just hooked mine up and am trying it out. So here's my review!

In terms of feel, it's pretty much identical to all of the other Apple mice, which is a good thing if you like it (and I do, never having taken to any of the fancy and restrictive "ergonomic" mouse shapes). The scroll ball has a nice smooth action once you realize that you've got to let your fingertip glide freely across the thing rather than just "twiddle" it. It also needs to be pressed down a bit for any movement to register, thereby preventing accidental scrolling.

The scroll ball works very well, favouring horizontal and vertical scrolling (as it should for most day-to-day tasks) while allowing diagonal scrolling as well. As reported elsewhere, the diagonal scrolling is more of a stairstep effect, but I don't see anything wrong with that as it's got to work with the existing scroll features of the OS--which only accommodate horizontal and vertical movements. I've increased the scroll speed from the default setting to two notches from the top, but even at the default (slow) it's quite usable in Photoshop and other programs. And unlike most scroll wheels, the scroll ball's behaviour has an acceleration curve, allowing both precise (as little as a pixel at a time, even at high scroll speed settings) and fast movements.

Downside to the scroll ball: if you accidentally click the mouse while scrolling, which is fairly easy to do, it seems to trigger a left- or right-click rather than a scroll-click. Which one occurs depends, I guess, on which side is getting more contact from your scrolling finger.

All three top buttons (left, right, and scroll) are clicked via the mechanical switch--i.e. the former single button. The mouse figures out where you pressed down to cause the click, and that button is triggered electronically. This method works well, apart from the issue noted above with the ball, and the fact that the mouse clearly favours the left-click. In other words, and as other reviewers have noted, if there's even the slightest contact with the left button area when clicking the right button, it will register as a left-click. A sensitivity control, like on laptop touchpads, would be a nice addition to the driver. Fortunately for me, my left finger seems to naturally lift while I'm right-clicking, so this hasn't been a problem; I only tested it because of other review comments.

As for the side buttons, they work as advertised; the pressure required isn't too bad at all, and you can also press only one or the other and still get the programmed result. Which begs the question: will it ever be possible to program each side button separately? This is my main quibble with the mouse. Incidentally, the side buttons work just like the old grippers when you're holding another button down, so you can still lift and move the mouse while dragging, and not trigger the side button action. Unlike some reviewers I found the placement of the buttons to be just fine, hard to hit by accident but easy to grip between thumb and pinky when required. In fact, the right-hand one is always under my pinky as I hold the mouse, and I can easily trigger the button with the pinky alone.

The speaker is completely unobtrusive, and certainly nothing to get worked up about. It provides very quiet feedback while using the scroll ball, and also a click for the side buttons. Neither effect sounds out of place or annoying, so I can't imagine any reason to want to turn it off. If you're expecting loud sound effects like the ones on most digital cameras, you're bound to be disappointed.

Cord length is the same as other corded Apple mice, which I happen to like as I never liked having six or ten feet of cord to deal with on most corded mice. That said, it would be nice if Apple would provide a cable extender, as they do with their keyboards. I'd've preferred a Bluetooth version of the Mighty, but I'm willing to wait.

At $65, it's not a cheap mouse, but the scroll ball definitely adds some currently unique capabilities. Expect to see other mice with this feature soon enough, as it's a real improvement over the tilt wheel on some MS and Logitech mice. I don't think I've paid less than $60 for a mouse in years (as I'm fairly particular), so I don't think the price is too out of line.

Bottom line: the Mighty Mouse is definitely the best mouse Apple sells, which doesn't necessarily make it the best available. Which mouse you use is a subjective thing, so by all means try one before deciding if you already have a favourite mouse. I also wouldn't recommend replacing your existing favourite, unless you absolutely have to have Apple styling. For me, I quite like the fact that it uses so much completely unnecessary technology to do something everyone else has been doing with simple microswitches for years now. Kind of like the trunk closer on a Cadillac: close the trunk yourself gently, and it'll pull it shut the last inch or so (but don't slam it, or you'll bust the mechanism). But there's no question that the smooth, unsplit case looks and feels great, and it definitely does what it's supposed to. I like it! :)

Sander
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks Planders for your very thorough review. I am getting one for sure. It could be a bit cheaper, yeah, but I could have one less beer. :)

Cheers,

Sander

gmark2000
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Sander thanking Planders...

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Nice report, Planders.

I tried one out at the Yorkdale Apple Store, tonight. Very nice device, but I discovered a MAJOR deal killer for me: you cannot hold down a mouse button AND THEN invoke another mouse button command. I do this all the time on my MS Trackball Explorer and USB Overdrive for grabbing an item (actually, I use one of the five buttons on the trackball as a click-hold command to drag things around without GRIPPING the mouse at the sam time), then using a button to invoke Expose to drag the held item to another window. This is a crucial sequence of commands for my workflow, so unless some 3rd party stuff enables it (maybe USB Overdrive will??), then I'll have to pass.

EDIT: Although the Mighty Mouse scrollball doesn't have a constant scroll (sometimes useful), you can run the entire underside of your finger along it for some fairly long scrolls.

lpkmckenna
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:38 AM
While the design of Mighty Mouse has many surprises, it has just as many disappointments for me.

The fact that the 2 side buttons do the same thing is a really odd design choice, and I don't like it. Also, clicking with fingers on both the left and right "buttons" should provide for a "chord" click, but that isn't the case. It could have been 6 buttons with the same design, but it's only 4. (If you could chord with the side buttons, things could really get nuts!)

Also, the fact that the side buttons are now actual buttons, can you still click and pick up the mouse? Those 2 little side thingies were there on the original Pro Mouse so you could reposition a clicked mouse. How do you do that now?

A common complaint has been the limited customization in the preference panel. Specifically, you cannot assign a keyboard shortcut (like cmd-i) to a button. I was hoping that Apple would allow for ANY menu command to be assigned to a button. Disappointed again.

However, my greatest disappointment is with the overall design. I was hoping (almost praying) for an Apple mouse with the iPod clickwheel. It would have worked just like the clickwheel, with 5 buttons and the unmistakable clicking sound when you scroll. The center button would be the "left click," and you'd have 4 nearby buttons for various things. It would have rocked.

The reason I have always liked the one-button mouse was: you click in the middle, not the left. I don't like having to do the majority of my clicking on the left-side of the mouse; it feels unnatural. I prefer a 3 button mouse, with the main click in the middle, the right click as a context menu, and the left click as Expose or something. But most mice today are variants of the 2 button plus scrollwheel design.

I have the Macally BT Mouse Mini Jr. It's ok, but I only use it to play UT2004. Otherwise, I use the trackpad.

lpkmckenna
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:41 AM
you cannot hold down a mouse button AND THEN invoke another mouse button command. I do this all the time on my MS Trackball Explorer and USB Overdrive for grabbing an item (actually, I use one of the five buttons on the trackball as a click-hold command to drag things around without GRIPPING the mouse at the sam time), then using a button to invoke Expose to drag the held item to another window.:eek: :eek: :eek: This is a serious oversight. Apple under-designs yet again.

used to be jwoodget
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Jeez, you'd think Apple was forcing people to buy this thing. Lighten up! Mine arrived today and it works as advertised. It's clearly not for all but then neither is the Microsoft Intelliwellie Mouse. And Macaholic clearly should be first in line for a neural implant.... :)

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: This is a serious oversight. Apple under-designs yet again.

Yup. Tried it a few times and NO GO. And YES; they should have chording! I miss that from my time using Kensington Mouseworks :( C'mon Apple, blow the roof off da joint with better software implementation!

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Jeez, you'd think Apple was forcing people to buy this thing. Lighten up! Mine arrived today and it works as advertised. It's clearly not for all but then neither is the Microsoft Intelliwellie Mouse. And Macaholic clearly should be first in line for a neural implant.... :)

Dude, a killer facet of expose is the ability to drag from window to window. If you've not done this, think about it: just GRAB a pic or text off of a webpage, expose your windows to drop it into that email you're typing and WHAMMO. Done. No copy/paste or Save To Disk... or, Expose your Desktop to grab that file you want attached to an email and simply drag the file to your email app's icon in the Dock...

This is stuff I'll bet $100.00 that Vista's limp-wristed rip-off of Expose will NOT be able to do (it'll probably just expose windows for switching over-to)...

So, OS X's Expose can do this... but Mighty Mouse cannot?? :confused:

planders
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Also, the fact that the side buttons are now actual buttons, can you still click and pick up the mouse? Those 2 little side thingies were there on the original Pro Mouse so you could reposition a clicked mouse. How do you do that now?As my review says, this still works. If you're holding the mechanical button down the side grippers simply act as they do on other Apple mice.

As for "chord" clicks, I don't think that would ever be in the cards for an Apple mouse--too complicated for "the rest of us," whoever they are. In any event, I don't think I've ever seen a mouse that comes with that feature, though I suppose there might be third-party drivers to add the capability.

The things people seem to be missing are all fairly specialized features (i.e. click-drag on a desktop mouse, chord clicking, etc.) I suspect that your options were just as limited before the Mighty Mouse came along.

Despite my satisfaction with the mouse, I must confess that I can't figure out where Apple gets the idea that multibutton mice are somehow "complicated." There's no denying a one-button mouse is easier to explain to a newbie, but the inherent elegance is lost when applications get so complex that more buttons are required to avoid keyboard contortions--which are definitely more difficult than any multibutton mouse!

Glad everyone liked my review...

planders
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:05 AM
...you cannot hold down a mouse button AND THEN invoke another mouse button command. I do this all the time on my MS Trackball Explorer and USB Overdrive for grabbing an item (actually, I use one of the five buttons on the trackball as a click-hold command to drag things around without GRIPPING the mouse at the sam time), then using a button to invoke Expose to drag the held item to another window. This is a crucial sequence of commands for my workflow, so unless some 3rd party stuff enables it (maybe USB Overdrive will??), then I'll have to pass.From my one-button days, I've programmed the upper-left corner of my screen to call up Expose-All Windows. Upper-right gives me Applications Windows. Lower-left is Expose Desktop. Much easier than a button or keystroke, though it does take a wee bit of time to get used to.

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Another thing, re: "polyphonc clicking" (more than one click registering):

Let's keep in mind that Apple is PUMPING Mighty Mouse as being a great fit with Expose:

"The Mouse That Roared
Unlike any other mouse on the market, Mighty Mouse was designed specifically to work with Mac OS X Tiger. Up-to-the minute information on Dashboard is only a click away. Viewing, hiding and selecting your windows via Exposé is just as simple. And because Mac OS X Tiger makes Mighty Mouse programmable, you choose where every click takes you."

http://www.apple.com/ca/mightymouse/

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:12 AM
From my one-button days, I've programmed the upper-left corner of my screen to call up Expose-All Windows. Upper-right gives me Applications Windows. Lower-left is Expose Desktop. Much easier than a button or keystroke, though it does take a wee bit of time to get used to.

Not easy in every case. I too use a dead-corrner for Show Desktop. But with dual monitors, I use a mouse button to Expose All Windows. If I'm dragging items around or want a FAST switch, a mouse button seems faster than having to swing down or up or over to a dead corner to kick it in, then hover BACK central to select. With the moue button, you can keep your cursor central to where the windows will be Exposed. But, i've found that the dead corner is good for Show Desktop, as you're going to be rummaging about the Desktop, visually hunting for your desired item, anyways.

lpkmckenna
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Jeez, you'd think Apple was forcing people to buy this thing. Lighten up!
I was hoping for something insanely great, and I feel let down. I just think the "clickwheel mouse" would have been much better. And this rodent has enuff quirks to make every reviewer scratch his head a couple of times.

lpkmckenna
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:09 AM
As my review says, this still works. If you're holding the mechanical button down the side grippers simply act as they do on other Apple mice.
lpkmckenna <-- moron
:o

howing
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:36 AM
a microsoft four-button mouse could be yours for under $15 dollars.

Elias26
Aug 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM
THANK YOU HOWING!

4 pages on a stupid over priced and overrated mouse... holy crap! Sometimes I wonder why I post here. heh

Gotta love Mac users, we obsess like no other. We should start up a OCD club! 4 pages on a multi-button mouse.. ouch!

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Somebody obviously put something in your cornflakes this morning, Elias26 :D All this wondering about why you post on here (in Myradon's thread about Apple letting him down too) is disconcerting...did Steve Ballmer pay you a visit or something :D

You gotta abandon all logic: Its a multi button mouse, with an Apple logo, and its white (matching the Apple aesthetic). People will pay :D

Macaholic
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:44 AM
USB Overdrive appears to support Mighty Mouse:

http://www.usboverdrive.com/

This driver should wring more usability out of Mighty Mouse. Dunno if it'll allow for multiple held-button presses, tho...

lpkmckenna
Aug 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Gotta love Mac users, we obsess like no other. We should start up a OCD club! 4 pages on a multi-button mouse.. ouch!
Don't cha'know? Mac stands for "Malingering Apple Compulsion." We all need psychotherapy! (Or maybe it's "Microsoft Avoidance Cult.")

MacME
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM
THANK YOU HOWING!

4 pages on a stupid over priced and overrated mouse... holy crap! Sometimes I wonder why I post here. heh

who else but Apple could make users DROOL over a multi-button mouse??? … a wired one at that!!! :eek:

with all the years of denial from Apple, it was bound to stir a commotion in the community of loyalists! it's like a gift from the gods! LOL :D

i'll stick with my Logitech mice, thank you very much.

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:44 PM
It's like a gift from the gods! LOL :D

He's insulting our beliefs, burn him!

Oh hey, is that the fanatacism you were talking about? ;) :D

draz
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM
This is the most perverted soudning post i have seen in a while.

I'll show you my mighty mouse....aaaaahhh eeeehhhhhhhhh

Police office - 'hey buddy, put the mouse back in it house, you pervert'
Dude in trench coat and pant leggies ' AAAHHH man '
ha ha

Elias26
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:07 PM
heh No I love Apple and you guys why I post on here. Just sometimes it drives me kinda looney tunes when people can go on about some silly mouse that has old technology in it for 4-plus pages. Maybe we can shoot for 10. :D

Honestly, if you told your friends what goes down on the forums, they would be like, "what the hell is wrong with you?"

It's just a multi-button mouse! I hate Mighty Mouse. I HATE HATE HATE it. *punches and kicks at the ground repeatedly*

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:34 PM
This is the most perverted soudning post i have seen in a while.

I'll show you my mighty mouse....aaaaahhh eeeehhhhhhhhh

Police office - 'hey buddy, put the mouse back in it house, you pervert'
Dude in trench coat and pant leggies ' AAAHHH man '
ha ha

Draz, that is seriously a new low...seriously :D ;)

I no longer want to buy the Mighty Mouse...you made it dirty ;)

Elias26
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:39 PM
And you are surprised by Draz's comments CN? The squirrel in his avatar screams dirty. I mean, a squirrel that can't handle it's own liquor.

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I believe thats a squirrel :D

No, I'm not surprised...laughing perhaps :D Never a dull moment around ehMac with draz around :D

Elias26
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
That's what I said! I said squirrel! Geez! Read! :D

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Reminds me of something from the novel 1984...hey what do you know...2+2=4 and you most definately wrote squirrel...m-o-u-s-e...squirrel!!! Doublethink is alive and well on ehMac.

Actually, I AM confused now...I see squirrel and mouse...but I thought I saw hamster in there too...post changer! :D

Elias26
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
What are you talking about CN, there is no mouse in that thread? Check again. :D

Someone is losing it. teehee

CN
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:08 PM
He lies...behold!

"Last edited by Elias26 : Aug 10th, 2005 at 05:58 PM."

I knew it! I'm not...that...crazy!

Oddsbodkin
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Ah well, yes - we are talking about what...... Apple's Mighty Mouse? The only thing mighty about this umbilical-dependent rodent is price. $65 at Apple Store Canada. Give me a break!! For 10 bucks more than that I bought the Logitech Cordless MX Duo. More buttons and doodads than a person has a right to. Amazing keyboard, wonderful ergonomic mouse. Never a problem over 6 months heavy usage.
Odds :eek:

jicon
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Sticking with the Magnificent, and eXtravagant Logitech MX1000. Best mouse available for desktop use on Mac/PC/Linux.

- Still prefer my Gyration In-Air mouse for multimedia/presentation purposes.

Elias26
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:23 AM
I kinda wished I picked up the MX1000 because of it's precision and wireless features. Would be better for playing Halo in multiplayer mode. How is it for comfort though?

And CN, you are crazy! I still say I never typed mouse or hampster. She's crazy people! CRAZY!

Kidding.

used to be jwoodget
Aug 11th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, you crazy Logitech mouse lovers, why don't you get a room or something (next to the Creative and iRiver fans)? ;)

Pelao
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:38 AM
We have one at the office. Very, very nice. Works perfectly. I prefer a smaller mouse, and I use keyboard shortcuts wherever possible so I do not feel the need for many different buttons. The scroll ball is neat.

My own mouse of choice is the Logitech MX510. Very precise, not too big (hate monster mice) and a fair price.

MacME
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Sticking with the Magnificent, and eXtravagant Logitech MX1000. Best mouse available for desktop use on Mac/PC/Linux.

- Still prefer my Gyration In-Air mouse for multimedia/presentation purposes.

yeah but even though it comes with a hefty price tag, at least the MX1000 was touting new hardware technology. i really don't see anything "new" in the Mighty Mouse, except for the fact it's "new" and way overdue from Apple.

btw, does anyone else find that the name "Mighty Mouse" is almost as bad as naming CDN money "loonie" and "toonie"??? :P ;)

MacME
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Hey, you crazy Logitech mouse lovers, why don't you get a room or something (next to the Creative and iRiver fans)? ;)

hey, hey, HEY ... them be fighting words! ;)

used to be jwoodget
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised non of the detractors have called it Mickey Mouse or the KKK-Mouse. I don't have a name for mine - that would be too weird. And whats with the thread title? Mightly? Mighty and Mightily are real words.

Hey MacME - you have a white keyboard and a silver mouse??? Time to call the Fab 4!

PosterBoy
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
but 65 for a mouse that you can get for 30?!

I haven't had a chance to see the Mighty Mouse yet (been out of the country), but I can tell you that Apple mice are built a helluvalot better than your average 30$ mouse.

The Apple Pro Mouse feels a lot nicer than the similarly designed, but obviously bargain built MacMice "The Mouse" for example.

MacME
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I'm surprised non of the detractors have called it Mickey Mouse or the KKK-Mouse. I don't have a name for mine - that would be too weird. And whats with the thread title? Mightly? Mighty and Mightily are real words.

Hey MacME - you have a white keyboard and a silver mouse??? Time to call the Fab 4!

yeah, well i couldn't find either a white kb/m combo or a silver kb/m combo to go with the Mini, at least without having to pay and arm and a leg for. so i ended getting a white kb & silver mouse separately. at least the white keyboard has some silver keys on it! :) as well it still matches the Mini since it's both white and silver! AND at least i didn't get a BLACK kb/m combo! D

frack ... send over the Fab 4 anytime. i have no problems with them giving me a FREE make-over, FREE clothing and FREE furniture! :D

krs
Aug 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I see that Apple's mighty mouse made the CNN Technology headline today.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/08/11/mighty.mouse.ap/index.html

Oddsbodkin
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I see that Apple's mighty mouse made the CNN Technology headline today.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/08/11/mighty.mouse.ap/index.html

That was no mouse; it was a rat - and its name is Willard. Notice that the reviewer said "...the $49 gadget is unlikely to impress anyone who's used an optical mouse from Logitech..." and that's US$49 folks. Odds ;)