: iBook on a Display?

DBerG
Aug 6th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I want to hook up my iBook to a display (when I'll get it). I think it only support mirroring so that resolutions are the same and I see on the display what I see on my iBook and frankly it doesn't bother me. Is there a hack somewhere to change that or I'll be stuck with no options forever. (I'm being dramatic) :)

trump
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM
there defiantly is a hack, I just can't remember where to find it

EDIT: found it http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

ColBalt
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Hey
-
Cheers

EDIT: Oh, so there is. Good find Trump :) Than Post appeared while i was typing i guess cause it was not there a second ago.

Chealion
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:22 PM
ColBalt - The link in the post before yours allows an iBook to span (so have two displays) it's desktop that the video card is perfectly capable of. The common reasoning believed for Apple doing this is to have another feature that differentiates the Powerbooks from the iBooks.

DBerG
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:15 PM
ColBalt - The link in the post before yours allows an iBook to span (so have two displays) it's desktop that the video card is perfectly capable of. The common reasoning believed for Apple doing this is to have another feature that differentiates the Powerbooks from the iBooks.
That's what I thought. But I don't have a budget for the powerbook and this feature is nice. Thanks everyone!

harzack86
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I've been using it since the beginning with my iBook, and it works like a Charm!
Read the fine prints on the "hack" web site though...

1200x1600 added to the 1024x768 makes a lot of desktop real estate :cool:

DBerG
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I've been using it since the beginning with my iBook, and it works like a Charm!
Read the fine prints on the "hack" web site though...

1200x1600 added to the 1024x768 makes a lot of desktop real estate :cool:
Allo harzack!
1200x1600??? :D What display are you using?
1200x1600??? :D Quel écran utilise-tu?