: Azureus...how to use?

gnatsum
Aug 5th, 2005, 01:45 PM
how do i use this program, i have used it before when the bit torrent was provided, but. when i want something else what do i do?

i used it to download games from macgamefiles.com

any other programs? limewire seems to have stopped working all of a sudden. says i might have a firewall blocking it...

no idea. any other programs?

Also, when Azureus was running. my web browsers stopped working.

tedj
Aug 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
you have to search out the bitorrent files on a tracker (i.e. www.demonoid.com). It's not a browser of any kind....

Acquisition is good.... search macupdate.com

gnatsum
Aug 5th, 2005, 02:46 PM
i will try that, thanks

someone
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:59 AM
You can use amule if you are trying to find very rare files. Note that the ED2K network is only fast when you have multiple file downloading at the same time and stay on the network for long periods of time (days and weeks). If you have enabled the software firewall included in OS X, you can open ports with System Preferences/Sharing/Firewall/New... You cannot use P2P effectively without opening ports. If you have routers, consult your router's manual on topics such as port forwarding/triggering and NAT.

gnatsum
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:57 AM
oh, thats cool, only problem is i'm on a network at home, and my "admin" wouldn't like ports open. lol our router is a PC, so it's a dangerous world out there...

someone
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:36 AM
oh, thats cool, only problem is i'm on a network at home, and my "admin" wouldn't like ports open. lol our router is a PC, so it's a dangerous world out there...
Try the UPnP feature... Maybe your "admin" have forgotten to turn it off on the PC.

HowEver
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM
If you have Azureus already, just google "gamename" (where "gamename" equals the public domain game you wish to acquire) _and_ the word "torrent." Download the torrent, which will open as an Azureus file on your Mac. That should be all you have to do.

Or you could go to download.com and search for the Mac version of what you want.

someone
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Slyck.com has a list of good torrent sites.

Usually, you can only find new files on bit torrent. If you are trying to find an old file, amule would be your best bet.