: Buying a Dell 2005FPW

Jacklar
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Gah I wish I would have had the money to buy one of these while they were on for under $600 acouple weeks ago. I'm having a hard time getting one of the Dell reps to bring the price down below $750. I've found cheaper ones on ebay but they are all in the U.S and while the price is cheaper I'm scared to see what the duty fees on one would be. Anyone have an idea? That and if I did buy one from a ebay store and recieved it, if it was brand new would Dell still let me ship it back to them if it had serve backlight issues or abunch of dead pixels? Or does that only apply to if you buy it right from Dell. I haven't found a copy of the warrenty on them so I'm not exactly sure what it covers but I'm just curious I did a search of the forum but didn't find enough info on it.

I've heard the version A02's are supposed to be better then the earlier ones just curious if anyone has any info on this as I'd be spending the third largest amount of money in my life right behind uni, my powerbook and hopefully this amazing monitor.

Thanks guys

Anyone want to sell a Dell 2005FPW??????? :D

mac_geek
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Gah I wish I would have had the money to buy one of these while they were on for under $600 acouple weeks ago.

Patience.. sale prices are cyclical, and hardware always depreciates.

You will see the great deal again. Soon.

Unless it's an emergency, practice self restraint.

Jacklar
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:18 AM
mac_geek, I know...its sooooo hard. The more I sit around and think about it the more I realize that I should just wait and see how things go. They're almost as sexy as my Powebook =D.

your advice is well taken it adds to my original thoughts of wait and see how things go, prices can only go down =D

CanadaRAM
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:11 AM
They are made in China, so regardless they are coming from Dell in Round Rock TX., they are not covered by NAFTA and therefore you will pay:

US$ x Exchange rate X 1.06 duty x 1.07 GST, then add the applicable Provincial tax.

mac_geek
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:57 AM
They are made in China, so regardless they are coming from Dell in Round Rock TX., they are not covered by NAFTA and therefore you will pay:

US$ x Exchange rate X 1.06 duty x 1.07 GST, then add the applicable Provincial tax.

Even through the Dell.ca website? I thought all of their prices were inclusive of duty.

MannyP Design
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:39 AM
You're posting a thread about Dell products in the Anything Mac forum? HEATHEN! ;)

IronMac
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Dell is having a 7-Day Business Sale starting today. Everyday there is one product on special so there is a chance that the monitor you want may be up for grabs. Good luck! :)

Oh wait...the item is up...it's an Iomega 20 gig USB drive. Check again tomorrow!!! :D

najibs
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Anyone want to sell a Dell 2005FPW??????? :D

I'll sell you mine if you're interested...I just purchased a 27" LCD Tv for my living room, so I need to pay for it, unfortunately, that requires getting rid of my 2005fpw

email me at [email protected]

I'm in downtown Toronto.

Jacklar
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I'll sell you mine if you're interested...I just purchased a 27" LCD Tv for my living room, so I need to pay for it, unfortunately, that requires getting rid of my 2005fpw

email me at [email protected]

I'm in downtown Toronto.

I sent you an email

najibs
Aug 4th, 2005, 06:10 PM
sent ya one back

Sybersport
Aug 4th, 2005, 06:22 PM

Mine actually said made in Mexico, so if that's true there would be no duty.