: Printer Shooting Blanks?

MacGYVER
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Ok, so I had to re-install Panther awhile back because I had put in a new HD.

I hooked up my Epson 777 printer today for the first time since the re-install, and now the thing just prints documents as blanks out of the printer.

I can't figure out what I'm missing? I'm using Pages if that makes any difference in solving my problem? But I also tried it from just a PDF file and it still only printed blanks. None of the lights are flashing telling me the ink is out, so I'm lost??

CN
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Do you have ink tanks that you can look at to make sure they're not empty? Sometimes my printer is way off on ink volumes, so I don't know if I would really trust that. Have you tried it with another computer (if possible) to see if the problem is limited to your computer?

CanadaRAM
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Did you delete the printer from Printer Setup and re-set it up? That is usually necessary after OS upgrades, etc.

scootsandludes
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Is your printer moving and pretending to print, it has the same actions as if it was printing, or is it just shooting paper through it?

If it's giving you the motions of trying to print, tanks are full or partially full, and you haven't used it in a long time, then your jets are probably clogged, you could try to clear them out (try a search here on how to unclog), but the best thing to do is just replace it. It is a rather old printer, sounds to be about 6 or 7 years old.

vince

MacGYVER
Aug 4th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Is your printer moving and pretending to print, it has the same actions as if it was printing, or is it just shooting paper through it?

If it's giving you the motions of trying to print, tanks are full or partially full, and you haven't used it in a long time, then your jets are probably clogged, you could try to clear them out (try a search here on how to unclog), but the best thing to do is just replace it. It is a rather old printer, sounds to be about 6 or 7 years old.

vince

Exactly, it pretends to print white on paper....hehe...

I managed to unclog the heads and this printer is now shooting...well...ink...again :D

Thank you, to everyone for your help on this!