: .mac websites are so ugly....

emalen
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Okay, ever since I got a dog, ironically called "MAC" i have fallen in love with iPhoto!

I love easily posting photos online for friends and family to see...
my only complaint is, WOW, the iPhoto templates are SO UGLY!
Honestly, Apple is usually so awesome with regards to design.
I say Apple can do better!

and check out my photos of MAC:

http://homepage.mac.com/myeventworks/PhotoAlbum4.html

iPetie
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
That is one cute puppy! I think the template looks great. There is a better selection of templates (used to be) on the .Mac site than those that show up in iPhoto. So have a look if you have not already.

Gerbill
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
WOW, the iPhoto templates are SO UGLY!
Honestly, Apple is usually so awesome with regards to design.
I say Apple can do better![/url] Can you do better yourself? If so, go to it! You don't need to use Homepage or .Mac's templates - you can post an ordinary Web site that you designed yourself. When you've created your masterpiece, put it in the Sites folder on your iDisc.

emalen
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
i'm a designer, so actually i could do a lot better! but i'm busy and don't feel like it!

Gerbill
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
i'm a designer, so actually i could do a lot better! but i'm busy and don't feel like it!Are you bragging or complaining?:)

emalen
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
neither really, i'm just responding to the above post - i could design something better, but i don't want to take the time - i would prefer apple to make nicer templates!

mac_geek
Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:55 AM
i'm a designer, so actually i could do a lot better! but i'm busy and don't feel like it!

Dude, from where I sit, if you've got time to visit this site, read through the threads, and make a few posts, then you've got time to design your own site.

And if you're a designer, then it should take maybe all of a half a day? A one time investment..

SoyMac
Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:49 AM
emalen has already said s/he is busy and doesn't have the time. I don't think s/he posted this message so that we would turn around and nag.
When I come home from work, I don't want to do more of the same work, especially if I paid the .mac fee to do it for me.

And mac_geek, if s/he spent time re-designing that site, s/he wouldn't have the time to browse our pithy, impeccably-researched, and witty comments here!

Sheesh. Please, cut emalen some slack for venting.:)

And emalen, remember, we post responses because we care.

emalen
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:14 AM
SoyMac,

thanks for coming to my defence, nice to see there is some common sense out here. mac_geek - get a grip, I was just procratonating from work and thought I would make an interesting observation about my .mac services - no need to slam me for them!

SoyMac
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:23 AM
SoyMac,

thanks for coming to my defence, nice to see there is some common sense out here. mac_geek - get a grip, I was just procratonating from work and thought I would make an interesting observation about my .mac services - no need to slam me for them!
Oh, please don't confuse my drunken, early-morning postings with "common sense", my friend!
;)
And I'm sure mac_geek's intention was more to compliment your skills as a designer, than to slam you for posting your obs here.

"Why can't we all just get along!"
:)

But seriously folks, how do people like the .mac web options? I'm trying to learn how to do some web creation, and I've had a bit of luck with Nvu, but if there's something easier that looks good with lots of features, I'd be so there, I'd be back home again.

Mugatu
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
I must admit that it does look rather Office 97ish. :P