: finally, apple released two-button mouse!

simonca
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
it's on apple's homepage. attractive!

i just bought my Logitech MX1000. It's wireless and based on new laser technology. nice feeling. but,.... shall i return it and get this new apple one?

Steve-O
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Do it!!!! You owe it to the apple corporation.

I'm going to buy one. It's neat and matches the rest of my hardware. CPUsed said they were getting them in 2 weeks. I can't wait that long. Does anyone know if Carbon or Yorkdale are getting them earlier?

jicon
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:07 PM
I can't see the Apple mouse being better than an MX1000. Program the scroll wheel to trigger Expose, left/right mouse tilt for Spotlight or Dashboard.

The logitech is very responsive, ergonomic (No carpal tunnel) has a great linear mouse movement, great battery life, and another two buttons to assign to other tasks.

capitalK
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
We need more threads on this! :D

simonca
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM
yah, we definitely need more discussion here.

and i do feel Logitech MX1000 provides satisfactory mousing experience. the bit heavy weight actually gives more solid feeling. but.... mac's white is truely a visual match, plus it has two buttons and wheel.... another hard decision.

tikibangout
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
I really want to get the Mighty Mouse, I've always dreamed of a mouse like it, but all they have to do now is release a Bluetooth version, then i'd buy it, considering I already have an Apple wired mouse, and I really need a Bluetooth.

speckledmind
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
How much, can be said, about a mouse ? ? ?

OK, Apple finally did it, it now offers a scrolling mouse, SO ! ! !

theanticrust
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Holy crap, they finally have a two button mouse.

Although the one button was more attractive. And does that scroll ball physically rotates around or is it like a touchpoint?

That said I'll stick with my Microsoft Intellimouse Wireless Explorer 2.0 and to simonca I suggest you stick with your Logitech, it's an amazing mouse your have.