: iScroll2 and Sidetrack

someone
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:40 PM
Right now, I am having trouble getting the trackpad to work the way I wanted it to work.

With iScroll2, the scrolling functions doesn't seem to work well: when I slide two fingers down the trackpad, the scroll area always goes back up up a little bit after going down.

With Sidetrack, I can no longer drag objects.

Now, are there any options in these programs to fix their respective problems?

dona83
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:17 PM
I use iScroll2 and I love it, after doing a bit of tinkering with the settings.

lpkmckenna
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:21 PM
I also love iScroll2. But I know what you're talking about. That little jump back up seems to come from the way you are moving your fingers off the trackpad. If you practice (a lot) you can learn to keep it from happening.

I really disliked Sidetrack because the scroll areas were limited to the edges. iScroll seems much more natural.

someone
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:49 AM
Just found the solution to the jumpiness on iScroll2's webpage:

Scrolling seems to be a little jumpy sometimes, what's up with that?

This usually happens when the driver mixes up linear and circular scrolling. Enabling just one of the two at a time should help.

Also, several people suggested they get better results if they disable Use smooth scrolling in the Appearance preference pane.

So far, I haven't found an option that would solve Sidetrack's particular quirk.

Jordan
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:02 AM
With Sidetrack you tap the pad twice but on the second tap you keep your finger on the pad and you can drag objects.