: Trap Involving AppleCare & TechTool

gwillikers
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:31 AM
FYI... as reported on MacInTouch earlier today, TechTool Deluxe will cause problems with Volume Structure files when using OSX 10.4.2, (http://64.243.24.160/support08.html#jul28) causing the system to no longer boot from the hard drive.

:(

Myradon
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the update, I'll look forward to seeing a fix for this :)

mguertin
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I think the best fix is that apple stops bundling incompatible software with their packages ;) They seem pretty lost in the realm these days. It was the same with the virus software bundled with .mac services ... old and busted! We need new hotness, not old and busted LOL

Apple is putting up all the wrong signs in bundling this sort of stuff .. I mean if it comes with your system or subscription I don't think that anyone would expect things to destroy your system or data!

macsackbut
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I think the best fix is that apple stops bundling incompatible software with their packages ;) Agreed. They should start shipping a copy of Disk Warrior instead of Tech Tools Pro with their AppleCare packages. THAT would be sweet, and much more useful, IMO.

guytoronto
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
It was the same with the virus software bundled with .mac services

Virus software isn't bundled with .mac

mguertin
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
it used to be. They finally stopped bundling it as it was eating people's inboxes.

MacDoc
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:21 PM
We never ever ever recommend Tech Tool - over the years we've found it does far more harm than good and this is just tool typical. :mad:

DiscWarrior period.

MACSPECTRUM
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM
i like tech tool especially for the eDrive (4gb partition with ttp on it)
you can also load other util on it that require the hd to be unmounted

i like ttp 4 and dw as tandem, but hey, that's just me