: First iBook reveiw?

UnleashedLive
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Just wondering when we'll see the first review of the new iBook? I just want to make sure it's worth it or wethere I should just get a cheaper older model.

tikibangout
Jul 28th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I was upgraded to the new model, and mine was suprisingly shipped today! I'll probably be one of the first here to get it, unless someone buys it at an Apple store, but i'll post a review, when i get it, hopefully by monday.

DBerG
Jul 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Deleted, I misread the post.

UnleashedLive
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Man though decision. Do I go for a cheaper old iBook or get the new one?

I need to read some reviews lol.

DBerG
Jul 29th, 2005, 09:53 PM
How much money you got? How much you want to spend. How much is the old iBook? What do you need? Are you gonna play games? I can help you, I'm looking into an iBook now. :)

UnleashedLive
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Money is not an issue. I just want to know if it's worth it.

gozer
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
you can't add BT to the old ones except via a USB dongle, the 512MB of RAM is built in as opposed to the 256MB in the old one, the proc is faster and the FSB is faster, the RAM is a higher clock speed, the video card is better the HDD has motion locking and the trackpad has 2 finger support. those are all things you'll never be able to change in the old iBook, so if any of those features interest you get the new one.

if they don't get the old one, it was such a minor upgrade what are you looking for in a review?

minnes
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Remember, I before E, except after C the Title of this thread is spelled wrong

and I would get the newer iBook if you can afford it, all those little updates add up to a better unit as noted in the above post

dona83
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Unless you can find someone with a custom made iBook who got BT built in, no it'a a pain in the behind to get the BT in... there's a site somewhere that tells you how to do it but it ain't pretty.

You can enable two fingered scrolling via iScroll2 hack.

And I do agree that the new iBook is a much better value than the one I have, and it was already a great deal. Trust me on this one, get the newer iBook and don't settle for less than 60GB, unless you're absolutely sure that 40GB oughta be enough.