: Oops: Loose RAM. Thanks grunt!

beek
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:56 PM
The door to the ***RAM*** jiggles slightly, I can push it in and out only slightly though but I want it to be flat and secure.

Any fixes?

beek
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
:eek: oh no!! I JUST PRESSED THE flat silver circle on the ram and two lights..LIT UP! Wat does that mean???? I'm too scared to open the computer to check!

Grunt
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:13 PM
From your description, you pushed the light on the battery, and it's just telling you how much battery power you've got left. I don't have a 15" PowerBook, so I can't tell you what other components might be on the bottom of one, but you shouldn't be worried.

If it is indeed the battery that's loose, look for a lock on the bottom that might be loose (it'll take the form of a silver circle with a notch in it, with a "locked" icon and an "unlocked" icon - turn the notch to be next to the locked icon if it's unlocked).

beek
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:43 AM
so I can't tell you what other components might be on the bottom of one, but you shouldn't be worried.
If it is indeed the battery that's loose, look for a lock on the bottom that might be loose (it'll take the form of a silver circle with a notch in it, with a "locked" icon and an "unlocked" icon - turn the notch to be next to the locked icon if it's unlocked).

Yes, it would appear it's the battery. the lock is locked yet the door wobbles a bit. It doesn't exactly "worry" me but it bothers me because i want flawlessness, dammit.

what's the smaller door then?? I hadn't realized the battery was so large..

Grunt
Jul 25th, 2005, 10:30 AM
The smaller door (which is screwed on in the case of my 12") is the RAM cover I thought you were talking about in the first place. ;)

beek
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
The smaller door (which is screwed on in the case of my 12") is the RAM cover I thought you were talking about in the first place. ;)

i see.,. even though I said NOT the one that's screwed in perfectly to the case?? the one WITHOUT screws??? have ram sticks always been that small?

so what do you say about my jigglier than thou battery door??
:D

Grunt
Jul 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Dunno about the battery - you might want to turn the thing off and try removing and reinstalling the battery. It might help.