: loose hard drive?

beek
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:26 PM
When I support my powerbook with my hands underneath, I can jiggle what I'm presuming is the ..door to the hard drive, whereas the screwed in battery door is flat against the base of the machine and secure.

Is there some way to tighten the "door"? There are no screws, just a circular flat metal thing.

Grunt
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
The door on the bottom gives access to RAM, not to a hard drive. What type of PowerBook are we dealing with here? Might give insight as to what to do next..

beek
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:45 PM
oh, oops. we're dealing with a 15", 1.5 GHz, Combo. only 2 weeks old! I thought the damn thing was flawless..except for this minor wobble!

is the door unlocked with that..lock?? If I open the lock will the door spring open..how am I going to tighten the damn thing.

monokitty
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM
is the door unlocked with that..lock?? If I open the lock will the door spring open..how am I going to tighten the damn thing.

That door with the lock will unlock the battery - not the hard drive. Shut the computer down before unlocking it and dropping the battery out.

beek
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:44 AM
That door with the lock will unlock the battery - not the hard drive. Shut the computer down before unlocking it and dropping the battery out.

Will removing and replacing the battery make the door tight again or is it pointless? Maybe this is normal.....?

MacDoc
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:45 AM
It's normal.

beek
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:03 AM
It's normal.

You sure it's normal NORMAL?? Why would it be normal for a door to wobble on the underside of a laptop...
I don't like this one bit!