: Download torrent somewhere other than desktop?

Dyniss
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:38 AM
Hello Mac Friends:

I can't seem to download a BitTorrent (Tomato) file to any place other than my active desktop. I partitioned my drive and now my Partition 1 drive (running OSX 10.3.9) is almost maxed out. I want to download a LARGE file using Bit Torrent (Tomato), and simply want to change the download destination from active Partition 1 to Partition 2. The Partition 1 desktop seems like the default destination, and I cannot for the life of me find out where and how to change this. It's not like I'm using Safari and can just change the destination in that app.

Hmpf!

spire
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:25 AM
Why don't you try moving the client to the partition you want it to download to...

HowEver
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM

Dyniss
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Why don't you try moving the client to the partition you want it to download to...

Yah, but I'd have to make another Panther (or Tiger) install on that partition, which I was trying to avoid....

Dyniss
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:50 PM
Since Tomato broke for me under Tiger, I tried Azureus. I'm sure this works differently for others, but I found it to be faster and user-friendlier.

Not that I would d/l anything I wasn't supposed to....

And you can specify file destinations.

That's a good suggestion too. I'm just in denial that OSX doesn't seem to have some sort of option itself. Is it OSX or Tomato saying "download to the desktop"?

Vexel
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:41 PM
Tomato.. there's usually a user preference to set. Sometimes it will have a selection where you pick the place everytime. Other than that.. you can set a download folder. I'm not familiar with Tomato however... just look through the prefs of the app itself. It's not OS X doing it.

Dyniss
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks Vexel -- problem solved. Knowing it wasn't OSX's problem made me re-think the Tomato interface. Instead of dragging-and-dropping the torrents to the Tomato-generated "drag-and-drop torrent here" icon, there is actually a destination preference to pick when you formally choose: Starting Point Window>File Open>[choose torrent]> ... and then choose a destination in the option bar. Simple but evasive!