: strange with saved PS files

csonni
May 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I am baffled here. I spent a couple of weeks taking care to go through all my images (Photoshop) to adjust the "curves" on each one. My camera images always need the "curve' adjustment, which I found out only several months ago. All images taken before my discovery needed adjustment. I did them all and then burned them to disk. Wiped the hard drive and copied the adjusted images back. All the images have the correct modified dates, but for some strange reason, they seem to need the same curves adjustment to some degree. Why is this? I had all the images adjusted to what I wanted, saved them, burned them and copied them back. Why aren't they what I had after all that work?

RJaMmin
May 19th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hi csonni:
Have you changed your photoshop colour preferences?

csonni
May 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I had reinstalled PS. Would this have anything to do with it? If so, how can I get PS to recognize all the adjustments I did?

csonni
May 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Well blow me down! I checked out the Color Settings and found it set to Web Graphics Defaults. I selected Color Management Off and all my images are back to what they should be. Never really knew about these settings. I suppose reinstalling PS changed it on me. I do wonder what others have it set to. Thanks, RJaMmin!

csonni
May 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Now I have another question. In opening my images, I am now told that the document "has an embedded color profile that does not match the current RGB working space." I am then given the option to "use the embedded profile", convert the document" or "discard the embedded profile." What is my best choice? I don't want to do something to my images that is irreversible. Any help?

csonni
May 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
By the way, does the Color Setting I choose affect print output? I do mostly video presentations, so, as I see in the Help section, Color Management Off is preferable. But what about printing?

csonni
May 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM
How do I keep all my files from opening with the need to choose what do do with color management, as above? Isn't there usually an option to "don't ask again"?

ArtistSeries
May 24th, 2005, 11:09 PM
How do I keep all my files from opening with the need to choose what do do with color management, as above? Isn't there usually an option to "don't ask again"?

PhotoShop > Color Settings > Color Management Policies
Uncheck all options for Profile Mismatches and Missing Profiles.