: Show As Columns doesn't stick

csonni
May 7th, 2005, 06:32 AM
How can I get all, I mean ALL windows to view as columns on first opening? I am annoyed that there are those that always go back to icon. Is this a bug that is still in Tiger, or is there some way to universally set to "view as columns" far all windows?

macsackbut
May 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Have you tried: Finder > Preferences > General > Open new windows in column view?

csonni
May 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Well, maybe that setting did it. I'll watch and find out. Thanks.

csonni
May 14th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Still not getting all my windows to open in Column view. Many times they open in either List or Icon. And my Finder Preference is set to Open all new windows in Column View.

TroutMaskReplica
May 14th, 2005, 10:36 PM
the behaviour for column view has always been inconsistent. there appears to be no way to get column view to stick 100%, but by setting 'new windows open in column view' and by manually setting every finder window i can get it to stick about 95% of the time.

sometimes apple is retarded. like for example everytime my screensaver comes on both my displays pop out of their colour calibrated state and i have to go into sys prefs and manually reassign the colour profiles. stupid stuff like that that should have been fixed years ago. :(

The Doug
May 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I've never been able to get that pref to stick reliably & consistently since Jaguar. It used to drive me nuts but I don't worry about it anymore. Now it's just one of those things.

csonni
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
Downloaded, installed and paid (almost 50% off) for Path Finder. Column View works without a hitch now, as long as Path FInder is running. I wonder if Leopard will have this glitch fixed.