: crazy kids and stupid employees at tim hortons late night

shoe
Apr 17th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I thought I would share this story with yall cause it sorta blew me away the way the whole thing unravelled.

Lately ive been seeing a new lady in my life and after we went out last night we stopped off at a tim hortons to talk and enjoy each others company I live in Toronto shes in Guelph so we tend to have long dates as we dont get to see each other as regularly as we would like to.

Anyway 4 am 2 lil girls ( we assumed grade 6 ish) come into the tim hortons with pjs on no audults in sight, they order something sit down eat it giggle and laugh and then run back and forth to the washroom a few times. they disapeared into the night. My date asked the tims employees if they belonged to anyone that they knew of and they said no and then she asked if they would call the police to let them know 2 minors were out this late.

The girl at the counter ignored the request I COULDNT BELIVE IT what if something happened we had no phones so we asked them to make the call and the tims/ gas station didnt have a phone booth.

My date went ome and called the non emergency line and I came home.

If i had kids and i caughtthem doing that oh my god there would be a serious lock down after that.

kids these days! parents these days! and idiot tim hortons girl!!!!!!!!

shoe

ps aside from that minor incident the date was great :D

poisonmonkey
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I dunno man, I have some friends who are 20-ish and still look like they are 12.

And for the employees, did you really think they'd do anything? Think about this: its 4AM they're at work and you're on a date. Who really wants to be at the timmy's you or them?

But otherwise glad you had fun.

Toca Loca Nation
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I don't really see the big deal, but maybe that's just me. No question, if I caught my kids pulling a stunt like that, they'd be in for it, but I don't think I want people calling the police to enforce a "curfew". There is no law against young teens roaming the streets late at night -- the irony of this is that there are way too many teens doing exactly that, teens that do not have a home, and society seems reluctant to do anything for them, or feel even the tiniest outrage.

talonracer
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I don't know - when I was that age, my friends and I would wander into Timmy's at all hours. Wouldn't be causing any trouble (that came later, after we hit 16 yrs) - just had a jones for a donut and a hot chocolate.

Mind, I may be old fashioned, but I think there's a difference between a couple young guys, or a mixed group, as opposed to two very young girls out by themselves.

Sonal
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Well, I'm a couple years shy of 30, and a couple of months ago, I answered the door to a some teenager selling stuff, and he asked me if my parents were home. I don't know who felt more awkward when I told him that I owned the house. I only look my age when dress up a little bit--I had been wearing my husband's old baggy jeans and a sparkly butterfly t-shirt at the time, with my hair back in a ponytail. So they might have been a little older than they looked.

Still, I don't think this was a police matter. Not really a good reflection on the parents if their kids can sneak out at 4 AM like that, but I'm not sure I'd call the cops. I might have asked the girls if their parents knew where they were.

Still, having been a 12 year old girl once, my guess is that the goal was to sneak out to Tim Horton's late at night to prove what badasses they are. Hopefully, they went straight home and spent the rest of the night giggling about what rebels they are.

More hopefully, they came home to some angry parents and don't try a stunt like that again.

da_jonesy
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I knid of agree that recently many of the people working at Tim Horton's drive through windows are the Epsilons of the world.

It's coffee and donughts, how hard can it be to screw up an order. I think they must work at it.

shoe
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:38 PM
the girls were definatly in grade school it was very obvious to both me and my date.

Im actually really surprised by the general " it was just 2 lil kids responce from some people" I guess the way I look at it is strange people are up at 4 am and little kids shouldnt be in that group yet they should be at home in bed asleep where their rents know where they are.

Those strange people at 4 am coulda been anyone rapist kidnapers or inocent by standards like myself, just seems alot more ez to do stuff at night than durring the day if your a wierdo, im glad we called the cops to have them check it out, cause if i read a report that 2 girls went missing in that area at that time id have felt pretty bad for not saying hmmm something wrong withais picture

shoe

Pamela
Apr 17th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Don't worry shoe, I agree with you. If more people thought like you and me then maybe less people would be at risk...

People just don't want to get involved nowadays. Makes me sick really.

Good for you for caring.

Dr.G.
Apr 17th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Shoe, I concur with Pamela. I can't believe that anyone would let their children of that age out at that time of day. Thus, it was NOT known by their caregivers that they were out at 4AM. You never would have forgiven yourself had you read of the harm that came to two 6th graders that morning. Sadly, no one but some of the ehMacLanders who read your posting shall know of your common sense in averting a potential disaster. You should be commended.

davidslegend
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Shoe, I concur with Pamela. I can't believe that anyone would let their children of that age out at that time of day....

I agree with you as well. Infact, I just watched a few minutes of a show called "Sextraffic" on CBC tv and it just turned my stomach inside out. My daughter is twelve & sometimes rebellious. Kids just don't have the capacity to understand what danger there in these days. That being said, my X-wife is way too overprotective and paranoid. I believe this put's my daughter at greater risk because her Mom picks at her for every thing-which desensitizes her and makes her think Parents know nothing (ya-she'd think that anyway).

Thanks, for trying to look out for someone elses kids!!

Best Regards,

davidslegend :) ;) :D

gastonbuffet
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:56 AM
tough call.

If you care, most of the times you get a "mind your own business" type of response. (most, not always). Last friday, i got, and quote, " the ****ing bitch did it on purpose, and who da **** are you?" and then it got reaaaly ugly (not with me involved, just a lively discussion between crazy commuters, with a 4 year old kid in the middle).

If you don't care, you get

People just don't want to get involved nowadays. Makes me sick really.

so yeah, it's tough. I think a lot of people care, but got burned or are afraid to get burned.

Me? I care, and being Latino, i care a lot. But, i'm starting to think that the world doesn't. So, it's tough.

autopilot
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:21 PM
did anyone see the news flash on cp24 about two 15-year-old hamilton girls missing and suspected to be in toronto? i saw that last night and remembered this thread...

shoe
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM
just to visit this post 1 last time, this time on my dates behalf she asked me to thank the people who suported her decision in calling the police.

She recently found out who the child was and who her parents were, the parents aparently dont give a crap, 1 of those mothers who could care less if her child even came home at night.

Its a sad situation but she ( my date) just wanted to say thanks for the suport and show of good judgement and morals.

shoe

Dr.G.
Apr 19th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Shoe, tell her what the world needs now is MORE persons like the two of you who care about the children of our world, even in your small corner of this spinning blue marble.