: GOOD LORD! Newsprint and a white keyboard

interact
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:46 PM
I have had this white keyboard for 3 days and it's now virtually grey. I was reading a newspaper and then checked my email. Within seconds, it was a disaster.

I've tried Windex and Fantastic and niether has fully removed the black prints off the white keys. Anyone have advice?!?!

Nick
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM
You could try "Goo Gone" it's availbe Canadian Tire, Wal-mart, Safeway and most other big box stores.

The stuff is awesome!

trump
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
ever seen the trackpads of iBooks at BestBuy? Completely Brown. Thats the downside of white computers

interact
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:02 PM
I couldn't stand this so I left to go try something. Mr Clean Magic Eraser is AMAZING!!! Totally solved all fingerprint issues. Maybe BestBuy should pick one up!

gwillikers
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:14 PM
I couldn't stand this so I left to go try something. Mr Clean Magic Eraser is AMAZING!!! Totally solved all fingerprint issues. Maybe BestBuy should pick one up!

That eraser is one of the few products that actually lives up to it's name. It amazed me too.

IronMac
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:19 PM
Get another keyboard...I would think that your life and time is too important to be spent "erasing" your keyboard every few days. :mad:

monokitty
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:29 PM
Or you could just wash your hands after you read the newspaper. I don't think that's asking a whole lot, nor classified as too much work.

interact
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
I read two newspapers a day and I always wash my hands afterwards. Without thinking (and coming from the black keyboards I've always used,) I checked the email and realized my error afterwards. Never again.

The eraser worked instantly and I doubt that this keyboard will ever get that grey/black again. It's good to know that there's a cheap, easy fix out there.

SkyHook
Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:05 AM

seymore
Apr 5th, 2005, 10:56 PM
My god thank you!!!!!. I have a little white ibook in the kitchen. I go through 4 newspapers a day, and Pam does crosswords from them and uses the ibook for searches. The Mr. Clean thing is outstanding!!!!! thank you thank you thank you!

gordguide
Apr 7th, 2005, 02:51 AM
The Mr Clean Magic Eraser works on just about anything. Get one.