: Keyboard lock out program

Bjornbro
Mar 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Is there a way to lock out the keyboard? I have a curious nephew who loves to "type" on my Mac when I'm not looking.

Example: I'll have a DVD playing and he'll come along and start to smack the keyboard (thank goodness he's only a two-finger typist :D ) and of course what happens next is anybody's guess. I'd like to let the movie play for him, but not allow him to use the keyboard. Any freeware/shareware solutions out there?

Pamela
Mar 28th, 2005, 05:24 PM
unplug it when you aren't around?

I don't know of any programs off hand...however I did see something in the 'keyboard' section of the system preferences that allows you to set a keyboard shortcut to allow/disallow "full keyboard access".

yoyo
Mar 28th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Pamela iscorrect. System pref> keyboard and mouse> keyboard shortcuts> select, turn off keyboard access. F1

Bjornbro
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Yippee! Thanks geniuses.

Pamela
Mar 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Glad to have helped :)

krs
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Pamela iscorrect. System pref> keyboard and mouse> keyboard shortcuts> select, turn off keyboard access. F1

Can someone enlighten me?

All 'keyboard access' seems to do in OS 10.2 or OS 10.3 is to allow use of certain keyboard shortcuts for some functions.
I don't see anything that would disable the whole keyboard (and mouse as well for that matter).
That was the original question - was it not?

krs

ehMax
May 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
XXXXX, publishers spend thousands of hours, years in fact.. time and money to create popular websites with opportunities to advertise these types of products on the site, for this exact purpose. What you're doing above, is commonly described as spam.

Probably, a simple gesture of netiquette to email the owner of the site if it would be alright to post a link to your product would be sufficient.

At any rate, it does seem to address the OP's question, so I'll keep the link up, but in the future, I would suggest a little more discretion or ponying up some cash before advertising your wares.

SINC
May 18th, 2011, 01:08 PM
The question in question was asked over SIX YEARS AGO!

Just sayin'. :D

ehMax
May 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
The question in question was asked over SIX YEARS AGO!

Just sayin'. :D

D'OH!!! :lmao:

LOL... Well, I decided to zap it instead then. :o

eMacMan
May 18th, 2011, 06:01 PM
When posted six years ago you could set this up in Keychain access, I believe in Prefs??? Not sure about the new breed of cats. I have my admin account set to lock keyboard from a menu item in Tiger but have no recall as to how I accomplished it.