Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

no New HP iPod?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  RobTheGob 
#1 ·
OK, so my new roommate is a total Apple hater, with every bone in his little Windows Body, however, he wants an iPod! The problem is that his pure raw hatred (That stems from an issue he had with his HyperCard presentation in Grade 3 BTW) for Apple is preventing him from buying one. Naturally, I suggested the HP iPod! Although it may be an Apple Products, its from HP.

So I go to their iPod page today, and they don't have any new iPods listed! Did they already stop making them? Did somebody step on somebody elses toes?

http://h10049.www1.hp.com/music/us/en/specs_flash.html

#2 ·
just buy an apple ipod and with a magic marker, draw the hp logo on the back. it amounts to the same thing. he could even draw a dell logo if he wanted.

your friend is probably the only person in the world who would actually go out of his way to get the hp branded ipod. ok, there are two people. the other one is puff daddy or pee poopee or whatever he's calling himself today.

#5 ·
Because his hatred stems from his failed grade 3 presentation, stuff he has read on the internet and propoganda fed to him through many PC sources, I am going to try my damndest to turn him.
He is unable to give any good reason of why he hates Apple, which means he has never really used one, or experienced it to the fullest. I probably wont be able to switch him, but I will be able to give him a new found respect for the mighty Apple!

#6 ·
MacDaddy said:
Because his hatred stems from his failed grade 3 presentation, stuff he has read on the internet and propoganda fed to him through many PC sources, I am going to try my damndest to turn him.
He is unable to give any good reason of why he hates Apple, which means he has never really used one, or experienced it to the fullest. I probably wont be able to switch him, but I will be able to give him a new found respect for the mighty Apple!
Calling Doctor Phil! Calling Doctor Phil!

#7 ·
Since HP only sold the iPod and not the photo, the mini, or the shuffle, and since the 20 GB iPod hasn't changed, I assume that they will just sell off their remaining stock of 40 GB models and continue with the 20 GB model.

Of course, with the ousting of their CEO, the iPod deal could be in trouble, too.

Then again, the HP web site is utter crap, so I doubt we'll get any reliable info about HP's plans from it.

#8 · (Edited)
i read an article a while ago saying that Apple suspended their contract with HP because HP wouldn't agree to the new contract Apple was proposing to them which involved a policy in which there would be no price protection should Apple choose to raise the prices..

or, it might've been that HP refused to renew their contract because of it..

anyone else hear/read this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.