: Chealion...

Gretchen
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:27 PM
Chealion, I think you are being a little hard on yourself, pretty sure you've done worse than that and if you haven't you need to develop a bad habit or two. Over the top maybe, but again I go back to my original understanding that should there be things that members do that cause friction then a simple PM will usually get the wrinkles ironed out. I know that it would have been more than enough in this instance. I have no problem with being asked to stop doing something, or tone down certain things if it's done right. In saying that I also have no problem with having it out with another member about issues that may arise, I take as good as I give. The problem here was, you are a moderator and bashing back and forth with a moderator is not good form, and I can't shut you down so it's not the same.

I don't think you're a malicious person or moderator persay, not at all, I just think you got into the game and maybe got caught up in it... ;) And again that's fine if you're just a member.

This doesn't change that fact that should someone start a Halo server, yer ass is toast.

So in closing there's no need to bleed your knees on broken glass anymore, all is cool. :cool:

Chealion
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks Gretchen.

I still want that Halo game though. Win or lose, I'm in for having fun.

Chealion
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Are we talking on XBox through XBConnect, or computer port?

PosterBoy
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:58 AM
Computer. Because playing an FPS game with a controller completely sucks.

And you know it. tongue.gif

PosterBoy
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Halo? Did someone say Halo? When do we start?

Gretchen
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:50 AM
That would indeed be on a computer. In actual fact I prefer the MP in Doom 3, but you guys are going to have to wait a bit longer... :confused:

For now Halo will do though.

I use a Pcee for gaming, not a Mac.

PosterBoy
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I use a Pcee for gaming, not a Mac.

As do I. If there is one thing they are good for, it's gaming.

MacNutt
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:59 AM
I've been away for a bit. My time is totally occupied these days.

So...Somebody fill me in here...

Is Chealion experiencing doubts about his abilities as a mod??

Or is he just questioning his own well-documented (and TOTALLY fair) objectiveness?? In public??

If so....then WHY?? :eek:

You need a couple of dozen positive references, Chealion?? Here, or anywhere else? If so, then just ask!

You need to sort out somebody who is giving you grief in some way? On a personal level? You need to have somebody visited and chatted with...up close and personal?? Just to realign their realities? And to "splain" some things to them?

Then just PM me.

Again...All you gotta do is ask.

It will be done.

Trust me on this.

Dr.G.
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:44 PM
"You need to sort out somebody who is giving you grief in some way? On a personal level? You need to have somebody visited and chatted with...up close and personal?? Just to realign their realities? And to "splain" some things to them?

Then just PM me.

Again...All you gotta do is ask.

It will be done.

Trust me on this."

If the FBI had this on a wiretap, it might sound like a Mafia-style "hit".

Chealion, I too stand beside your integrity, but I shall do it with positive words, not threats of violence.

SINC
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Peace and dignity make great partners, Dr. G.

Cheers

smile.gif

Dr.G.
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Sinc, to "peace and dignity" add respect and emphathy, and you have a grand foursome. Paix.

Pelao
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:07 AM
to "peace and dignity" add respect and emphathy, and you have a grand foursome. So totally true. I would suggest adding a reasonable dose of common sense too.

It's admirable that Chealion is so open to comments on his moderating, although my limited experience points to a job well done.

What does get to me is McTapwater's comments. Gee, I'm glad we're keeping things in perspective here.

Pamela
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:43 AM
ahhh Pelao! You've found it! The *perfect* nickname!

I've never been very good at finding nicknames for people, but you sure hit the nail on the head! THANK YOU!

Pamela
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:15 AM
LOL!

Pelao
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM
You are right!
I should head for the hills.

However, to where can I flee?

He has been everywhere, knows everyone and is all-seeing.

Perhaps I'll just head on over there and confess. A case of Pellegrino may just be the gift to make amends.

Pelao
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:06 PM
You are most welcome.

iPetie
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:23 PM
People tend to throw Nicknames up in the air and sometimes they come down and stick.
I like it, but beware, you just may be ...

visited and chatted with...up close and personal?? Just to realign their realities? And to "splain" some things to them?

MacNutt
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:19 AM
No need to worry. I was just offering references to someone who deserves them...and a bit of help to someone here at ehmac who I have rather a lot of respect for.

Perhaps you might get such an offer of help with a problem from someone here, Pelao...once you earn an equal level of respect.

Or an offer of references, when others are questioning your cred. Once you earn it, that is.

Just my thoughts on this.