: The best place to buy DVD??

Alezone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I love watching movies at home (not a big fan of going to the movie and spend C$26 for 2 tix here in TO). Is there anywhere I can get DVDs at low price? in store or online? in the past 2 - 3 years, i've purchased more than 80 Dvd movies (no... never download any movies), which already costed me more than C$1400...

and winter is here already and I'll be travelling a lot for skiing, so i need more movies so i can watch it in the car :D

mikef
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:49 PM
For me, it's always one of Wal Mart, Costco, or Future Shop. Not one place always has the best prices and/or selection. I don't think you'll find one place that is consistently cheaper than the rest and has the selection.

wonderings
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I do alot of DVD shopping at the Beat Goes On, you can sometimes find great deals on used DVD's

nxnw
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:11 PM
what about renting from Zip.ca? I have not tried it, but it seems to have a wide selection, and you can keep the movies as long as you want (you have a limit on how many you have out at once).

The Doug
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Lately I've been getting all my DVDs at a local HMV - they've had a number of films I want, 3 for $20. Not bad at all. There are other price ranges and of course there are scads of full-price titles available too.

I've stopped looking for DVDs at Wal-Mart because (apart from hating the very idea of buying anything at that place) their DVD section is an absolute nightmare - nothing seems to be in order. It's like monkeys stock the racks or something.

SINC
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:51 PM
I find many of my DVD movies at London Drugs.

They have a sale twice a year and clear out movies for anywhere from $2.99 for single DVD movies to $11.99 each (for two or three DVD movie sets).

Cheers

smile.gif

Bjornbro
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:15 AM
I just bought "Ford Fairlane" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0098987/) (I know, I know but I needed something less politically correct in my life) for $6.99 from Best Buy. They have a good in stock selection of DVD movies. I usually surf Amazon, Chapters, Best Buy/Future Shop, then compare to walk-ins at Costco and Wal-Mart. My experience has been Costco has the best price for popular new releases and it's usually a toss-up between the rest for more uncommon releases.

The Great Waka
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:45 PM
If you don't mind your DVDs not being absolutely new, then check out Deja Vu Disc. Most of their locations have a good selection of DVDs at varying prices, and some really good deals. That and their original specialty, CDs.

Beachlover
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Here's another place you can check out.

http://half.ebay.com/index.jsp

SINC
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Sorry Beachlover, but as many on this board already know,. I would NEVER buy anything on eBay.

For a thousand or more reasons, but they have all been discussed before!

Cheers,

smile.gif

dycs mxims
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:22 AM
i usually get my stuff at future shop.. but i've been visiting the pacific mall in markham lately for my dvd needs. they have dvds that can't be found anywhere else, and for super cheap..

the store's called "image and sound II." pretty cool.

Heart
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:38 AM
I like going the almost-new route, The Beat Goes On, and another one is CD Warehouse. Both started with the used CD market but have since added DVD areas.

100% guaranteed for 10 days or something. Most of what I have purchased were in pristine condition and saved me on average $8 to $10 dollars.

I see a lot of the $16.99 price point for better movies.