: Best Jail for Martha??

Ohenri
Mar 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Some of the more noteable white collar crook pens (http://www.forbes.com/work/2003/07/23/cx_pp_0723prisons.html?partner=netscape). Enjoy.

;)

H!

macello
Mar 18th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Life without belts ....

http://www.gruffstuff.com/graphics/prisonfrontorangesm.gif
Martha Stewart 'feels like her life is wasted'

By Simon English in New York*(Filed: 18/03/2004)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2004/03/18/cnmarth18.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2004/03/18/ixcity.html

Martha Stewart's daughter has appeared on America's top talk show to defend the domestic diva who is facing a prison sentence of up to 20 years for a share dealing scandal.

Supporters are petitioning President Bush to save their heroine, but according to a Forbes survey most of the public thinks she deserves her fate. She will be sentenced on June 17. Posted on Wed, Mar. 17, 2004

Martha Stewart asks friends to write sentencing judge on her behalf

BY GREG B. SMITH
New York Daily News

NEW YORK - (KRT) - Martha Stewart is asking for a little help from her friends in her growing campaign to stay out of prison.

The disgraced diva is hitting up about 100 of her closest pals to write letters saying nice things about her to Manhattan Federal Judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum, who could sentence Stewart to 10 to 16 months come June. http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/8212241.htm?1c

MacNutt
Mar 18th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Macello....

I wonder if you will be brimming with glee while Jean Chretien is awaiting sentencing for his crimes against the people of Canada.

After all, he stole hundreds of millions of dollars. While in elected public office. Martha was just trying to keep from losing fifty grand or so. ;) :cool:

PosterBoy
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Macnutt,

While I don't really like Chretien, until you can provide some kind of evidence that backs up your claims that he stole boat loads of money you should really disclaim them with "allegedly".

MACSPECTRUM
Mar 18th, 2004, 08:50 AM
macnutt's private kangaroo court isn't good enough for a prison term?
martha was found guilty by a jury in a court of law
chreiten was found guilty by a jury of one

sounds a little it like a military tribunal

PosterBoy
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
sounds a little it like a military tribunal

I'd say it sounds more like a drumhead trial.

macello
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Has Macnutt's brain shorted out?

MarthaisChretienisMarthaisChretienisMarthaisChreti enisMarthaisChretienisMarthaisChretienisMarthaisCh retienisMarthaisChretienisMarthaChretienisMarthaCh retienMarthaChretienMarthaChre tienMarthaChretienMarthaChretienMarthaChretienMart haChretienMarthaChretien
http://www.findcoolmovies.com/coversus/braind.jpg

PosterBoy
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I know you've talked about it a lot macnutt, you've just never been able to back up your claims.

And in print (such as on ehMac) it would be libel, not slander. ;)

MacNutt
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:33 AM
At one point...a couple or three years ago... I was being accused of wild flights of fancy. I was told I hated the Federal Liberals, and Jean Chretien in particular, because I was a western redneck. I was told, by all and sundry, that Jean Chretien was one of the greatest leaders to ever grace this favored land of Canada. (These loudly protesting pro-Chretien voices have fallen rather silent in the last few months, by the way. Go figure)

Nowadays I am...perhaps...dancing on the edge of slander or libel.

But I stand by what I've said. It's all out there for anyone to read. And I am ready to answer to anyone, if I'm proven wrong on this, at some later date.

Ask yourselves why I was so vehement in my criticism of Chretien and his henchmen so long before the current scandal broke.

Then ask yourselves why I am telling you now that he is the biggest criminal this land has ever known. And that he will either go on trial for his crimes against the Canadian People...or flee this country for an "extended post-Prime Ministerial visit" to some land that doesn't have an extradition treaty with Canada. (China, perhaps?)

Whacko right wing west coaster who has a bug under his saddle for Chretien (and who has been scary accurate in his earlier predictions)...or a guy who has an inside track on the actual reality? And who is willing to share it with his friends here at ehMac?

You decide.

PosterBoy
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:38 AM
The problem with your "inside track" macnutt is that you never provide anything to back it up.

It's quite feasible that Chretien stole a tonne of money, but last time I checked you were the only one saying it and you've yet to show any kind of proof, or even an article making the same inferences.

Sosorry, but you end up looking like the whacko sometimes.

macello
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Macnutt, have you no idea what topic this is?

http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/21/news/companies/martha_pretrial/martha_stewart_imclone.03.jpg

What are you smoking? graemlins/nuts.gif graemlins/nuts.gif graemlins/nuts.gif graemlins/nuts.gif

MacNutt
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Fair enough, macello. I have hijacked this thread. :eek:

I stand accused. I freely admit my guilt.

But I can't help thinking that a minor figure from a foreign country ( a female entrepenuer who has done very well for herself) is NOTHING compared to the criminal Kingpin of a long-running scam that skimmed hundreds of millions of tax dollars from of ALL of us.

Instead of spending it on the Health Care programs...or Education...or rebuilding the infrastructure of the cities across this land...or paying down the massive debt that actually originated with the Federal Liberal Party of the sixties....

Or a WHOLE LOT of other worthy causes.

Instead...it went DIRECTLY into the pockets of a bunch of Quebec Liberal Party members and made them filthy rich. And they kicked a portion of their ill-gotten gains "upstairs" to the BIG guy. Which is precisely why Jean Chretien is such a big player on the world financial stage right now.

He is worth Billions! tongue.gif :rolleyes: :mad:

PosterBoy....

Yes it's rather hard for me to provide links for the things I say. More's the pity.

But I invite you to go back and read the stuff I have been talking about for almost three years at this forum. Loudly!

Check it all out...every subject.

Then tell me that I have been totally wrong in all...or any... of my predictions (They aren't actually predictions. I have an inside line on a lot of this stuff).

Find something that I have been totally wrong about. Or even partially wrong about.

If you do...then I will humbly apologise. To everyone.

Promise.

macello
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Macnutt: Yes it's rather hard for me to provide links for the things I say. More's the pity.
"provide some semblance of truth" would be more like it ...

tell us macnutt ...... why is it so easy for everyone else to provide links?

MacNutt
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Macello has finally graduated from communicating his thoughts to us by posting cartoons. He has entered a new phase...now he's using DVD covers. An improvement? You be the judge.

Posterboy....

I am not a member of the media and am, therefore, not constrained by a band of highly paid lawyers who are worried that my publication will be sued for slander. Consequently I am able to say...on this forum..what a majority of Canadians and pretty much all the investigators already know.

Jean Chretien was and IS a criminal who masterminded the largest single (ongoing) theft of massive amounts of tax dollars from the Canadian people in the history of this country. He worked the scam using a coterie of his most trusted insiders and it went on for years. And YEARS!

When the theft first surfaced, he shuffled people out of the country and covered it up as best he could. Then he swept it under the rug with an imperious shrug, just as he has always done. He was so arrogant in the last years of his dictatorial reign that he thought he was untouchable...so he got a bit sloppy.

That's why we are now in the midst of the biggest political scandal we've ever had.

I've been saying this very same thing ever since the first day I signed on here at ehmac..check and see.

The big difference these days is that a whole lot more Canadians are now saying the very same thing.

And I now repeat an earlier question from an earlier thread:

Will Jean Chretien stand trial for what he's done to us? Or will he flee to some country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with Canada? (can you say China?)

Watch and see....

MacNutt
Mar 20th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Fair enough, macello. Good point.

Almost three years ago it would have been VERY tough to provide links to any articles describing the widespread criminal activities of the Federal Liberal Party.

These days, it's a cinch. The stuff is everywhere. It's also all over the newspapers and on TV every day.

Three years ago, I was the only person here at ehmac talking about the massive corruption in the Chretien government.

Nowadays, we are ALL talking about it. ;)

Does this tell you something?

It should.

Max
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:37 AM
I have little love for Martha Stewart and though I admire her tenacity, drive and business acumen, I consider her a big fat fool for trying to save make a few grand at the cost of losing millions. That said, I've noticed a propensity for many of the women in my life to express the views that Stewart was treated harshly by both the courts and the media. They suggest that it's evidence of a bilious double-standard and that the amount of glee this one story generates is evidence of how far women have yet to go in order to garner equal respect in our society.

Sounds like a pretty serious charge... I still think it's her fault for miss-stepping over the line. I suppose that the women I've been talking to are, when you get right down to it, deeply disappointed that a role model they've been proud of (despite all of the control-freak interior decorating jokes over the years) can be felled by something so venal, rendering her as greedy and arrogant as any other rich guy who fell from grace.

macello
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:20 AM
tell us macnutt ...... why is it so easy for everyone else to provide links?

MacNutt
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Actually, I think Martha has been treated quite badly and I suspect that there is something to this double standard talk that's going around right now. I wonder how many male CEO's have been caught doing precisely the same sort of thing but who HAVEN'T had their names and faces splashed all over the popular media. Or spent any time in jail. Or been forced to give up their companies. Etc.

Macello....

As I stated earlier, three years ago I was talking long and loudly about how terribly corrupt Jean Chretien and his cronies were. It was pretty much impossible to find any links to that particular point of view back then.

Today, they are everywhere. :cool:

Now I am saying that Chretien will either face trial and jail time of some sort...or will flee the country, once all of the grisly details of his thievery are widely known.

No chance of finding any solid links to support that right now. But there will be plenty of them three years from now.

Wait and see. :cool:

macello
Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
tell us macnutt ;) ...... why is it so easy for everyone else to provide links?

MacNutt
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:31 AM
Okay....

Time for some remedial reading macello, old friend. :cool:

This is basic stuff. Honest.

Links to the massive Liberal Party corruption were VERY few and far between three years ago. The only ones that were available, at that time, were from far right wing sources...and you would have dismissed them with a slight wave of your hand. So would many others on this forum.

Today...they are EVERYWHERE! From ALL sources! Look for yourself! They are now VERY hard to ignore! tongue.gif graemlins/lmao.gif

Right now...links to Jean Chretien's obvious corruption are in lots of places. But...actual links that openly tie him to the corruption and theft of hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars are slightly less well known. So far.

But...three or four years from now...this will be an integral part of the common knowledge amongst the Canadian electorate. No sh*t.

It won't be a question of IF Jean Chretien and his cronies actually stole hundreds of millions of hard earned tax dollars...

It will be a question of HOW MUCH...and WHO actually knew about it while it was going on. tongue.gif

So, macello, et al..the way I figure it, you've got two really clear choices here:

You can either remain in total denial of what is going on all around you...in a big way...

OR...you can try to deal with it. Make the very best of it and hope that your chosen long-term politicians actually retain some tiny fraction of their former influence after the next Federal election. Despite their obvious failings on the national stage. For the past decade, no less. :eek:

While you're at it...you might want to try and deal with the simple fact that the whole world is rapidly moving AWAY from the political ideal that you hold so near and dear. At high speed, no less. tongue.gif

Asia, Europe, the middle east. It's everywhere these days. Even Canada is moving rapidly to the Right.(the Paul Martin Liberals are wayy off to the right of the Chretien version. If they are deafeated in the next election..and this is a distinct possibility..then they will likely be replaced by a political party that is WAYYY to the right of them!)

May I suggest a few hits of Prozac, or Lithium.. each night? Just to make the current reality a bit more easy to take?

The transition from your percieved world, to the ACTUAL one of today, will be somewhat painful. No matter what! I'm ready and willing to help out in any way I can. Honest.

I feel your pain, macello old buddy. I really do.

macello
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:38 AM
still, macnutt, .... why is it so easy for everyone else to provide links?