adagio
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Awsome pic! Thanks for sharing.

minnes
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:11 PM
that is really an amazing dramatic picture

Dr.G.
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:42 PM
macspectrum, a fantastic picture. If someone could explain how I might post a picture, I could show you what an iceberg that was bigger than the Canadian Parliament Building looks like, or an icepack 80km wide (from shore out into the Atlantic), complete with Canadian Coast Guard ice breakers stuck 1 km outside of St.John's harbor.

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:45 PM
dr. g.,
i use my ftp site and if you have one, u can use yours as well

if not, email it to me and i will host the iceberg pic for you

MacDoc
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Gorgeous :eek: Got a hires for my desktop???

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:48 PM
You mean the one I use for my desktop? :cool:

Dr.G.
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:12 PM
macspectrum, since I am not sure what an "ftp site" is, I guess I don't have one. Such is Life. Sadly, you are denied the vision of great icebergs, ice flows, pictures of the World Trade Center buildings shortly after they were completed, and about 1,284 pictures of the doxies. :(

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:25 PM
dr g,
i did offer to host a pic of the icebergs but i will pass on the doxies.

votre choix

Dr.G.
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:09 AM
macspectrum, I am crushed!!!!! I thought that you loved the doxies almost as much as Peter. Granted, none of the doxies pics are jpegs, and bmp and RAW data files do take up a "bit" of hard drive space, but what are friends for?????????????? Whatever, you may go over to www.newfoundland.com (http://www.newfoundland.com) for some interesting iceberg pics.

I still wish you a happy Easter, although now the doxies are sulking. Either that or they are sick on mock dog-candy (e.g., pseudo Easter eggs and chocolate in the shape of a badger rather than a bunny).

Mississauga
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:52 PM
WOW! THAT'S worth framing!!!

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:05 PM
For anyone wanting a copy of the hi-res version, I have contacted the photographer and he wishes that I not release the hi-res version. It was a gift to me for use as my desktop.
The artist has spoken.

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Dr. G., I have no ill wishes for doxies. I am a "cat person." (currently cat-less) Let the doxies sulk if they must. I imagine they do it very (ac)cutely. ;)

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Dr. G.,
I would still defer to your experience.
Email me 5 of your favourite NL pix and I will post/host them for you with full credit given to you.

Dr.G.
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:18 PM
macspectrum, that is a kind gesture. I have most of my best iceberg pics on slides, so I may have to wait until I get a scanner, or do as Macdoc suggests. Still, I shall see what jpegs I have on my hard drive. Thanks again for the offer.

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:53 PM
or do as Macdoc suggests. ???

MacDoc
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Peter ship that one over if you would - I use a black desktop for speed graemlins/heybaby.gif but that's worth a bit of sacrifice.
Dr. G my staff has been using the new Epson 3200 Firewire scanner and he is very pleased saying he is getting results on slides close to the $4000 Coolscan :eek:

Since he is working in pro photography that's high accolades.
Go for it.