: the REAL reason to get a Mac

Britnell
Mar 15th, 2003, 08:07 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/archives.php?date=20021126

Dr.G.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:34 PM
The "blue screen of death" is something that I shall never miss when I finally come over to the "sunny side of the street". Someday soon...............

jfpoole
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Because, of course, Macs never crash.

*cough*

Britnell
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:
Because, of course, Macs never crash.

*cough*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have I mentioned how much I hate 10.2.4? I've had to trash [email protected] and learn how to run a CLI in the Terminal. The terminal... next thing you know, I will be speaking in gibberish geek. I came to the Mac so I would not have to!

used to be jwoodget
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Britnell,

Can you be more explicit? 10.2.4 hasn't caused me any grief. I don't (have never) run SETI but I do run a lot of other apps. I have had problems in OS X and recently had to debug a problem where my .Mac backups and iSyncs kept failing (it was due to corrupted com.apple.iCal.plist files - I've no idea what they are except they can get corrupted...).

I don't dip into the CLI often because my unix skills are equivalent to the diplomacy skills of George W. But I do run various scripts and have things running pretty well.

In any case, like the weather, wait a few minutes, 10.2.5 is around the corner..... smile.gif