: I saw the coolest thing today...

emceepj
May 29th, 2003, 03:56 PM
well, it seemed pretty cool.

I'm working for a tv production company in the art dept. today we were shooting at an old school and set decoration had just finished dressing a classroom. so i'm poking around and on a desk is this old Apple IIe "Special Edition" signed by Woz! it was so cool. i took pictures, but they got deleted by accident. :mad: oh well.

p.

Brian Scully
May 29th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Are you sure that it was a //e?

Being an old time Apple buff the only signed Woz that I knew of were the first 25,000 IIGS'( the figure varies from 10,000 to 50,000 ) One of my 2 IIGS has a Woz case.

The //e came in 3 flavours regular,enchanced (650C02 processor and new roms), and the platinumn coloured case with built in 128 k ram and numeric keyboard

Ah yes the Apple//e and IIGS ...the apples that Jobs killed. Am I bitter ?.....not any more but the Apple Community in those days certainly was :rolleyes:

Dr.G.
May 29th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Brian, I still have my original Apple IIe, but I donated my old Apple IIgs to a local school, along with loads of educational software. I hated to part with it, but it could be put to good use by another generation of primary age school children.

Mac Fellow
May 29th, 2003, 05:10 PM
There are somenice 'Woz' IIGS images, etc at the following URL:

http://www.acornworld.net/~jmayrand/woz.html

emceepj
May 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM
musta been IIgs

my bad.