: Medal of Honor: Spearhead

coyote
May 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM
I've just placed an order for the Spearhead expansion pack. Anyone else planning on making the purchase too?

MannyP Design
May 26th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Most likely. But I'll have to buy Medal of Honor as well since Spearhead is an expansion pack.

I gotta say that I absolutely LOVE what I've seen so far. I downloaded the demo about 2 weeks ago and I can't stop playing it. :D

It's a nice departure from all the sci-fi FPS that are out there. Something that looks a little more mechanical, tactile, gritty, etc.

Not to mention, you have to have a slightly better tactic when playing Spearhead -- you don't exactly have the same amount of health. ;)

PosterBoy
May 26th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I really like MOH:AA, so I will probably pick up Spearhead as well, but really what I am hoping for is for Battlefield 1942 and the Road to Rome expansion to come out for Mac, because they are major improvements on the original idea.

--PB

Heart
May 26th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I got side-tracked with UT2003 for a while but will now return to MOH : AA and a few hundred rounds of SH.

Just waiting for SH to be released and available.

Damn specs just keep going up both SH and UT are wanting 733Mhz and a G4 :(

I better start saving............

In my testing the 17" PB makes a decent gaming machine.... if you have money to burn..

MacDaddy
May 26th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Your kidding right??
I am still working on getting through AA, and that has been 6 months!!

Heart
May 26th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Try setting it to easy...

Or am I assuming too much...

MacDaddy
May 26th, 2003, 05:54 PM
I have it set to medium, not too hard, not too easy.

Mabey its because I don't play alot of games!

MacDaddy
May 26th, 2003, 11:24 PM
:D :D
YAHHHHHH
I finished the game, I'm ready for some SpearHead!!!
I did not realize I was that close to the end of the game, the ending was easier than storming the beaches!

coyote
May 27th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Spearhead just arrived. Gotta give it a try tonight!

CubaMark
May 27th, 2003, 06:49 PM
I've got the demo installed... just figured out that the demo is multiplayer-only tongue.gif so I hit the multiplayer "door", found a bunch of servers, all had decent ping stats, so I tried to join 'em.

Nothing. Just sits there. I let it sit for 10 minutes just for the heck of it, and nothing.

Thoughts?
M.

MannyP Design
May 27th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Most likely the problem is the lack of DEMO users hosting games. It's rare to find a decent demo server that isn't already full or timing out.

Once you have the full version you'll be able to access more servers that sport maps that the demo doesn't have.

If anyone is up for a game and is willing to host in the next 5 minutes I'm game. I'd host myself, but I honestly don't think my ping would be fast enough, although I am on Cable. (However I only have a DEMO copy though :( ).

coyote
May 29th, 2003, 05:54 PM
My initial impression of Spearhead is the game seems a fair bit tougher then Allied Assualt. I think the video requirements are higher too as it brings my G4 dual processor blubbering to it's knees during the second mission. I also feel there are a few bugs to be addressed yet too since the game occasionally unexpectedly quits.

Anyone else have comments or observations?

coyote
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Just a little follow up. I completed the single player missions of Spearhead over the weekend. The game was fun but I was disappointed the mission briefings prior to each mission were eliminated. It would have been been helpful knowing the objectives. Also, although the missions were reasonably long, there weren't many and game ends very suddenly.

Having said that, if you enjoyed Allied Assault, you'll probably enjoy Spearhead. Game play is the same, but with different small arms and heavy weapons. The maps are interesting with plenty concealed enemies, and a variety of heavy weapons which must be used to complete missions.

At about half the cost of Allied Assault, Spearhead adds new operating environments to extend the replayability Medal of Honor.