: Quicktime trailers

oryxbiker
May 13th, 2003, 04:02 PM
While looking at the Trailers on the quicktime part of the apple website, I noticed a Windows logo right on the page. Anybody else see this?

Kosh
May 13th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Actually, it's worse than a windows logo... it's a Windows Media logo. Ugggghhhh. Never noticed that before. Wonder why it's there, as there is Quicktime for windows available.

SpanishJoe
May 13th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Nope... i don't see it anywhere on the page. But I wouldn't put it past the evil empire to take it over, and start dropping .avi files in there...

Aaagh!

-SJ.

Kosh
May 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I'm using my work PC, so maybe it only shows up if your viewing the page with a PC.

sputnik
May 13th, 2003, 05:25 PM
For some dumb reason whenever you are on a pc that doesnt have quicktime installed the Media player tries to take its place.
It's just a plug in.
Try to watch any Quicktime movie and Win Player will open.
Just the way these "computers" work.No evil take over,just bad software.

gordguide
May 14th, 2003, 02:27 PM
It's even worse than that. Having just updated a PC last week from QT for Windows 5 to 6, I tried to view a QT move on Sunday, only to find QuickTime had been (apparently) completely removed from the PC. I had to do a complete installation; if QT was lurking somewhere on this PC, I sure couldn't find it (and neither could Windows' various search and find routines).

The culprit? In the middle of the week someone had installed MS Plus! which replaces the browser and all it's files, leaving only the Windows Media Player plugin in Explorer's plugins folder. No PDF, no QuickTime, no RealPlayer, no Flash, no nothin.