: Any Diablo Battle net players online?

Lawrence
May 12th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I have just started to get into this game by way of a downloaded demo and I'm thinking of purchasing this game, Anyone know of a store that offers it at a good price, I'm thinking of buying the Battle Chest.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

David
:cool:

Griller
May 12th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Hey, that sounds like fun. I hope you're talking about getting Diablo II and not Diablo I. If so I'd probably join you. I think we can still find it at local Electronics Boutiques (EB's). It will most likely be a Mac/PC hybrid, so read the sys. reqs. carefully to make sure its hybrid and not PC only.

Good luck let me know if you get it.

Lawrence
May 12th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Yes,
I have a friend in Montreal that plays on a regular basis and he suggested that I get the Battle Chest, I'm still looking for it, It's the hybrid CD with all of the versions on it.

Cheers!

PosterBoy
May 12th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Diablo 2 is still quite popular and you should be able to buy it any almost any store that sells computer games. It is a Mac/PC hybrid disc.

I will probably be picking it up soon too, all I need now is a couple people to rush me.

--PB

Griller
May 12th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Cool, we could make a small ehMac band of adventurers and scour the world for treasure and evil. I don't know how D2 works exactly, but I've heard there's lots of crackers/hackers and cheaters out there that have ruined the online experience. Could we set up a multiplayer game just for us?

Hey, this reminds me, how about Starcraft/Broodwars? Does anyone play that? We could go free for all, or co-operate against the A.I. It's been awhile since I've even thought this great game.

betelgeuse
May 12th, 2003, 04:53 PM
i remember a while back futureshop was selling the battle chest for like $30 (if i remember correctly).

As for cheating, yeah you can always make private games with passwords

Chealion
May 12th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Griller - I play SC and Brood War, and well it may be old but its still a ton of fun! Competition with UT nights, SC nights! graemlins/lmao.gif

Lawrence
May 12th, 2003, 06:38 PM
FutureShop eh...I'll have to scoot over there and take a look, I've got a high speed connection, Is that going to be too fast (smirk).

I've played all the WarCraft series and have gotten bored with it, Once you reach the end...It loses it's charm.

StarCraft never really got me attracted to it, But Diablo reminds me of old games like Gauntlet and Zelda...Except faster action wise and more unpredictable in multiplayer mode.

Thanks for all the responses

P.S.
Found some screen shots etc.
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/diablo-bchest.shtml

[ May 12, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: dolawren ]

The Great Waka
May 13th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I've got the D2 battle chest...and the starcraft one...and warcraft 3...so I'm good for anything! Let me know and count me in!

Griller
May 13th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Ahhhh, sweet! I feel a new ehMac gaming night emerging? Starcraft/Broodwar? Diablo 2? Warcraft 3?

I don't have Diablo 2 yet, but now I'm tempted into getting it. I'm trying to rememer my reasons for not getting it before. I borrowed the game from a friend and I wasn't a big fan of the single player game (hack and smash, it seemed). But I can see that as being more interesting when playing with human team-mates. Hmm...

jonmon
May 13th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Aww, don't rush PB
that takes out so much fun from the game

jonmon
May 13th, 2003, 12:36 PM
well that is ok, as long as you have finished the game by yourself before so that you know the story

PosterBoy
May 13th, 2003, 01:01 PM
jonmon told me:
Aww, don't rush PB
that takes out so much fun from the game

But I have friends with crazy powerful characters who can give me muchos experience-os in no time flat! how can I ignore that?

--PB

Lawrence
May 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Found it...Radioshack has it on sale for $49.99, That includes the three CD set for Diablo 2 and the one cd for Diablo 1, It's all in one box and it works on both PC and Mac.

I just spent the afternoon getting killed, Or was that...I just killed the afternoon tongue.gif , I'm still a little bit of a novice at the killing part.

Just keeping my armour and weapons is becoming very difficult (Glad there is a stash), I think I'll need to practice a bit before getting on the Battle net. smile.gif

BTW, It just runs on my Lombard, But without Open GL, I had to use the Rave setting.

Lawrence
May 14th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Okay, Now I'm starting to wonder about the game I just bought.
When I went to pick up the game the box was opened, I did a quick check through the box before I paid for it and it seemed fine.

When I got home I started to wonder where the expansion CD was, There is mention of it on the box, But I couldn't find it in the CD case.

There is a space for 4 CD's in the jewel case, But the jewel case only has 3 cd's in it and then there is the Diablo 1 cd in it's own cd jewel case.

Does anyone know how many CD's are supposed to be in the Diablo Battlechest?

David
:eek:

The Great Waka
May 14th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Yup, the battlechest does NOT include the expansion. There are only supposed to be 3 CDs in the case, plus the one for Diablo 1. You'll have to buy the expansion seperatly, but it's worth it. The Assasion class is amazing, but the Druid kinda sucks. But it shouldn't cost you too much by now anyway thou.

Lawrence
May 14th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Ahhhh....Shucks,
I even emailed Blizzard complaining about the deception on the box and on the RadioShack website that says it's included.

Thanks for the info, I'll still keep my fingers crossed for the reply from the RadioShack website, Cause...Well...That's bad advertizing, If they advertize that it's included...Then it should be included.
Here's the web ad:

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/SearchResults.aspx?language=en-CA&keywords=Diablo&pagenum=0&category=Action&catalog=RadioShack

P.S. Just in case they change it, Here it is copy and pasted here as a record:

DIABLO II: BATTLE CHEST * 261-2907
Sale $49.99
Reg. 69.99

Contains Diablo, Diablo II, the Diablo II Expansion Set, and the official Diablo II Strategy Guide from BradyGames.

These products are not available online. They are in-store specials available in limited quantity with no Rain Checks. Not all products available at all stores.
This product can be shipped directly to any address, but unfortunately we are unable to allow pickup at Quebec RadioShack stores.

David

[ May 14, 2003, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: dolawren ]

haiggy
May 14th, 2003, 09:42 AM
I have just spent the night working my way through normal difficulty with a brand new necromancer. Died only once because of one of those "sparkies", but several times at Baal.... but, at least he's a level 33 slayer now!

That's interesting about the battle chest, because I have a friend who bought one, and it DID come with the expansion.

http://shop.blizzard.com/section2/?user=OWo8sU22D1tFCJ6bkWfRz65mu9YGoLlKsMBAWz1bQmA= #battlechest

Lawrence
May 14th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Well, I'm certainly not a happy camper :( and I will for sure get to the bottom of the mystery, Radioshack is certainly going to get an ear full from me today.
:mad:

Lawrence
May 14th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Update...Yes!!!!...There is justice.
I went back to the store this morning and asked the saleman to open another copy of the Battlechest that was in a sealed box to prove that the box I got was missing the expansion set.

Sure enough when he opened the second box...Low and behold...There it was the expansion CD ROM (Wrapped in a separate CD jewel case just like the Diablo 1 CD was) and also some extra books that weren't included in my box. (Also the large CD ROM case had just the 3 CD ROMs just like the one I had just bought)

So it just pays to be sure that the box isn't opened and that everything is in it when you buy something that is opened, The salesman gladly gave me the items that were missing and now I'm a really happy camper.

It was deduced by the saleman that someone must have opened the box and stolen the expansion set and manuals when no one was looking.

Now I have to go and get killed...Thanks for all the replies and support for this long and drawn out thread.

P.S. Sorry about the width of this post,
I have no idea how to fix it.

:D

haiggy
May 28th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know if there's a maphack available for the Mac? If so, where can I get it?

Lawrence
May 29th, 2003, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure about Map hacks,
But I've heard of people that try to
get your CD Key by way of some
type of trickery, Like asking for your
CD key # before you download their
hack. :eek:

By the way I'm up to level 13
with the expansion pack and with
the character the Asassin, What a game...
Except I keep getting
killed off at the Cathedral. :eek:

One item that I like though,
Being able to get a second
character to play through with you,
Well until it gets killed at least.

Anyways, I hope you find your map.
Good luck!

D :cool:

haiggy
May 30th, 2003, 07:49 PM
maybe we can play together sometime.... all my characters are over level 73 though... smile.gif

jonmon
May 31st, 2003, 01:18 PM
Using hacks may also get your CD-KEY banned from battle.net

haiggy
May 31st, 2003, 02:02 PM
Very true, but I have friends who use just the maphack all the time, and they have for quite some time...

anyways, who's up for making an official ehMac pally party?! smile.gif We could use the following auras:

fanaticism
conviction
salvation
defiance (maybe on a merc)
holy freeze (also possible with a merc)
thorns (could use a merc for this too)
cleansing
concentration (or "might" aura with a merc)

.... so, we could use from 4 to 8 members, and we'd be virtually unstoppable

I'm also beginning to think that this little topic could be moved to the "everything else" section

[ May 31, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: haiggy ]