: If anyone wants to kill time while waiting for "announcements"

Sander
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Come join me at ehMac chat room. Can't hardly wait. Woohoo!

Cheers.

VertiGoGo
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Would love to, but I am at the office right now. I hear ya...I am going nuts wanting to know what Steve's "one more thing" will be. Any predictions?

As it will be the announcement of the music service...I am also assuming there will be a new version of iTunes and new iPods. Any other predictions?

Ohenri
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:10 AM
whao... are the annoucements today?? someone advise, pls. Been out of it for a hot minute... holla

Kosh
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Yes, there is an Apple Special Event today... don't remember what time though. Probably around 9am California time...

neema
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:15 AM
there's an ehmac chat room?? whoa, dont i feel stupid. lol!

VertiGoGo
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:23 AM
The announcement is scheduled for 10am Pacific Time (1pm Eastern).

THe ehMac chat is through iChat. Just go to Preferences or connect (or whatever it is) and then select ehMac. That should connect you to the chat.

The announcement that "will be music to our ears" will be broadcast via satellite and available online in QuickTime. Cheers.

Heart
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:33 AM
If anyone heres of a Streaming Link Please Post..

(( p g ))
Apr 28th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Is anyonme in the ehmac chat group right now? Maybe I'm not doing something right....command G and the type-in "ehmac"?

Dr.G.
Apr 28th, 2003, 01:03 PM
An interesting comment on the potential of the online music service (called iBuy???). My son just came home for lunch with three of his friends. I had some iMac brochures on the kitchen table and I was listening to them discuss how "cool" and "different" the new iMac looked, at least on the brochure (wait till they see it live!!!). However, when I went down for a cup of coffee I ran the idea of buying music online for apx.$1 a song by them (keep in mind that these are all 16 year old boys, who have at least 5-6 gigs of hard drive space taken up by Kazaa downloads of songs). They were all in agreement that there was "NO WAY!" they would ever pay for music. When I told them that the owner of Kazaa was being sued, and that she might be forced off the internet like Napster, they all said that "someone else will take their place".

Is it just me or is this a problem that needs to be confronted ASAP?

Count Zero
Apr 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM
There appears to be a webcast stream of the annoucement available here:

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/apr/moscone/apr28_28_56_100_250_ref.mov

Heart
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Is it just me or is this a problem that needs to be confronted ASAP?

This is worth discussion:

This like was taken form the video about Apple revolutionizing music (http://www.apple.com/music/video/)

"OK now let me see if I've got this straight....
I can either burn in the firey damnation of hell for stealing music....
or
the iTunes Music Store {Edit: and save my soul}

[ April 28, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Heart ]

jfpoole
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:58 PM
For what it's worth, a US judge ruled on Friday that StreamCast and Grokster (two companies that distribute peer-to-peer filesharing software) are not liable for any piracy conducted by either services' users. Barring an appeal, it doesn't look like either service will be forced off of the Internet.

Salon has an interesting article (http://www.salon.com/tech/wire/2003/04/25/grokster/) that covers some of the details of the ruling.