: ehMac Widget

Chealion
Apr 28th, 2003, 12:25 AM
A few questions/notes:

First, the widget, has a bug since ehMax has changed the way the front page appeared, and should be remedied shortly as both jfpoole and I (whose ever version you so wish to use) just have to move some code around, luckily no changing needed.

Notes: When ehMax adds his new forum, the widget should be updated Monday night to accomodate the new forum.

Questions: Who here uses the widget?

If you do not know what a widget is, a widget is like a mini application that runs through an application Konfabulator (downloadable at Konfabulator.com) that allows JavaScript/XML applications to run right on your desktop. The ehMac widget, created by jfpoole (God Bless His Soul) and messed around with by yours truly I know for me has helped in that it allows me to see what has been posted lately. However it is Mac OS X only at this time, I don't think the makers of Konfabulator are going to port it to the Windows side of the world.

Edit: On my work with the widget, I think I have it almost ready for tomorrow's new addition! Current new features: Updated names :cool: and sports a new logo! Customization is so much fun :D

[ April 28, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

Heart
Apr 28th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Don't forget to update the code to the new ehmac dot ca.

I have noticed that clicking on the widget takes you to the dot com addresses. The information is still there but it gives you the message
>> You are not logged in......

But I am and if I return to the homepage (via ehmac.ca) sure enouph I really am logged in.

Chealion
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Heart, have that fixed, and well still waiting for ehMax's fancy new forum thats supposed to appear... However I shall release my update when I get the confirmation from ehMax that I can use the ehMac logo and hopefully ehMax has the time to put up that new forum.

Chealion
Apr 29th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well, waiting for that new part of ehMac to spring up or ehMax to tell us that he opened a special Public Official thread, and that I need not bother with it. But other then that, the rest of the widget is done. Still don't know how many people use it. I'll try a poll.

Heart
May 2nd, 2003, 08:16 AM
I love widgets.

ehMax
May 2nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
Sorry Chealion... new thread will be here soon! Just waiting for something else to happen, which should happen any day. (That's probably as clear as mud). Should be within the week! ;)

Chealion
May 2nd, 2003, 02:01 PM
ehMax - all righty then, I'm ready for it whenever it shows up smile.gif

Heart - Don't we all?

Although, to me it seems that the amount of people here who use the widget are a very small minority. If any one has any suggestions to change the widget, just post them here! smile.gif

Heart
May 2nd, 2003, 05:35 PM
The new thread is going to be awsome. :eek:
Pass it on! ;)

RicktheChemist
May 3rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
I use it.. well, used it.. I should get it dusted off and back up and running.

RtC

Chealion
May 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Heart and/or ehMax - Can I get any new info about it? eg. the forum number (like Anything Mac is 1 and the Mac Help & Troubleshooting is number 10 and the new one is ##? I believe it would be 15, but I can't remember what number this forum had got to) or name? Or shall I get to enjoy the adrenaline rush of changing 3 lines of code and putting it on the web and gloating that I have it done?