: old ehMac person vs. new ehMac face

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 26th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Vote for your favourite ehMac caricature

[edited the title of the thread to better reflect the poll]

[ April 26, 2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: macspectrum ]

Dr.G.
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:34 PM
macspectrum, what will you want to happen if the vote is strongly in favor of the old face?

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:50 PM
It is not for me to "will" anything to happen.
I'm just trying to feel the pulse of the people.

Britnell
Apr 26th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Couldn't find a way to the the Canadiens or Maple Leaf's into the logo? How about the Flames...

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
i believe the logos represent the remaining Canadian teams left in the playoffs

Chealion
Apr 26th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Umm is this poll about the old ehMac character (before the update) versus the new one, or the new one as of the update versus the current winking one with the Sens and Canucks logos in the middle of it. And ehMax, is it legal for you to have the Sens and Canucks logos in there? They are registered trademarks... Legalities aside, I like the new font and adding the Sens and Canuck logos :cool: Kudos to ehMax for his hard work!

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 26th, 2003, 09:52 PM
it is about the actual ehMac touque wearing face/caricature

the logo (caricature plust text and hockey emblems) itself has a different poll going on

i hope this clears up any misconception

ehMax
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:12 PM
I'm sure I'm kind of bending copyright rules, but I think everyone knows I'm just temporarily saluting our Canadian teams. I don't see lawyers going after fans who paint team logos on their faces and bodies during the play-offs.

http://binaryrhyme.com/ubbicons/rahrahrah.gif

And besides, I don't think Apple's lawyers work for the NHL. :D

ehMax
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Oh, regarding the ehMax character.

The face on the old logo and the new face are the same, just different expressions. The old logo showed ehMax's entire animated body. It has not been put into retirement. The new logo just has a different expression and will actually change from time to time (Like the current one). Especially with the new forum that starts on Monday. ;)

Its all the same ehMax character, I'm just using a head-shot on the current logo. Ok, I had a little plastic surgery to enhance my jaw-line but everyone is doing it these days. graemlins/lmao.gif

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:25 PM
looks like the character has had a little liposuction as well

perhaps he spent a few well earned weeks in the sunny Caribbean?

Chealion
Apr 27th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Well macspectrum, he deserved it!

If I become Prime Minister, before I reform the Senate, I shall appoint the ehMac character to the Senate ;) :cool: graemlins/lmao.gif

ehMax - Monday?!? Ohhh... Droool... Droooool... Will the full bodied ehMac mascot make cameo appearances occasionally?

robert
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Logos are a tricky thing. I have always believed that a logo should reflect whatever company/organization/etc it represents. Tha Apple logo is a classic example. The trouble with the head only logo is it reflects nothing about this site. Unless you knew the previous logo, this head shot means nothing. My opinion on;y,
Robert

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 27th, 2003, 01:15 PM
if the "little pudgy guy" has bid his final farewell, I'll have my ehMac (old version) t-shirts (that just arrived) to keep his image alive

MACSPECTRUM
Apr 27th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Hey there!
Guess what toque wearing, winter boot clad, thumb ups, keyboard toting guy is back?

thanx you Honour!

ehMax
Apr 27th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Just remember who loves you all! ;)

I aim to please.

Please don't ask me to change the word mark though. I really like it.

Decided to remove the Sens/Canucks logo's as it probably is against copyright... t'was fun for a day.