: iTrip Now Shipping

VertiGoGo
Apr 25th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Taken from MacMinute.com

Griffin Technology today announced the iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod has begun shipping. Officially announced at Macworld Expo this past January, the iTrip rests atop the iPod and attaches securely to the headphone jack and can broadcast to any available frequency on the FM dial. According to Griffin, the $35 device requires no batteries -- it draws minimum power directly from the iPod and automatically shuts off after 60 seconds without music. For charging, the iTrip rotates 90 degrees, exposing the FireWire port. Customers who pre-ordereded the iTrip will be among the first to receive the units.

VertiGoGo
Apr 25th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Just got off the phone with a rep from Griffin Technologies. They say there are roughly 10,000 iTrips on back order and they should receive a huge shipment this Monday (April 27). From there they are looking at getting about 1000 of them out per week.

THe rep I spoke to says it is likely orders placed today will only get to Canada by the end of May.

Just thought some ofyou would like an update. I can't wait to get mine!!!

MannyP Design
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:25 PM
I'm interested to see how well iTrip works... the wife and I have been thinking about getting an iPod recently and thought this would be an excellent travel companion for our 10 hour trips to New Brunswick. ;)

Britnell
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Oh.

I though you were going to be posting about Woz, and a hit of purple microdot or something...

Heart
Apr 26th, 2003, 12:32 PM
For charging, the iTrip rotates 90 degrees, exposing the FireWire port. I like this feature but this is the first time I heard of it. So if I understand you can have it plugged in and using the iTrip and powerup your iPod at the same time?

Does the iTrip not get its power from the FW?

I realize nobody have seen the iTrip yet but you may have read more on the subject.

And now for a better question....
Will it work with the NEW YET TO BE ANNOUNCED iPods with the rumored USB 2.0?

Monday we will know.

Dr.G.
Apr 26th, 2003, 01:28 PM
This is not directly related to the "music to your ears" announcement on Monday, but does anyone else feel that this is another example of Apple's policy to make announcements at times other than big MacWorld-like events? Personally, I think that it is a smart policy for the company, maddening for the consumer, and yet I may be alone in this thinking, as well as the sense in shift re announcements.