Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Hate Mac Site - ya gotta laugh!

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  minnes 
#1 ·
This site was the first to come up on my Google search "Macintosh spam". If you want a laugh, take a look - but I take no responsibility if it upsets youI

http://www.jsmagic.com/spam/

Johnny

#3 ·
I checked out the forum section. Did you see some of the stats? The most ever online at one time was 18 people. WOW, 18 people! I have no problem with people who have opinions about certain things. But to actually go out of your way to be extremely negative about something says to me that you need to regroup and focus your energy somewhere else.

That's what I like about ehMac. It is not an anti-Windows site, it is a pro Mac site. Occasionally some Windows bashing goes on, but I find it is usually kept to a minimum. I find there is more fighting between citizens than against Windows.

#4 ·
loL
check out their "Why We Hate Mac's"

One point says that they are too expensive.
another point says that they are cheap.

24. A $1700 PowerMac G4 is slower than a $400 Gateway. But no, Apple doesn't overprice their products.

18. Schools use Macs. Worst of all, they think that they are good and they make their students think that. But schools buy them because they are cheaper, not because they are better. Maybe they should just spend a little more and get their students better computers to work with.

Hmmm, a little contradictory here, dont you think!

#5 ·
Rob777 - So when does the civil war start? ;) And well I believe quite a few people here also use Windows machines in order to do something you can't on a Mac. (eg. UT2K3), Most tend to agree they like their Macs are better, however some have their reservations.

#6 ·
I agree, some use both platforms. I use macintosh and windows for work and at home. What really irks me is the "processor speed challenge". Windoze users constantly bring up the subjects of
processor speed and costs of computers for intelligent arguments about why they don't use Macs. Check out Gateway Canada's PC prices, HP prices or build to order sites like NCIX in B.C.
The price for a dual processor 1.25 GHz G4 and a PC from NCIX with dual 2.4 GHZ xeons configured similarly: Mac Store $3199 vs NCIX PC $2900 with no operating system or firewire! Is this a big difference? Not to me. The operating system hassles with windows tasks me and reminds me of OS 7.5.3. Apple bugged me in the mid 90's with the performa debacles and Gil Amelio's poor decision making. When the iMac came out , my faith was restored. I love macs. I use PC's.
with freezes and crashes. The whining from MS users: "if you only configured/tweaked/ new what I know because I spend hours of every day fiddling with my Microsoft OS, you wouldn't have all those problems"

#8 ·
No worries ErnstNF, what's a word here or there.... ;) Welcome to EhMacLand - home of the most diverse Mac users in the Universe. And, heck, you are another St. John's neighbour! We must introduce you to Dr. G. and his doxies (you've probably stepped in their poop though).

I've got Macs and PCs in my lab. I stay away from cheap PCs and I personally only use Macs but there is scientific software that requires a PC to run.

Intel quietly knifed the MHz myth by introducing the Centrino processors at 1.6 GHz and stated that they were faster than P4s at 2.4 GHz. Still, Apple has been playing catchup with machine performance for several years while the rest of the industry has been playing catchup on design and software.

Looks like we'll have even more to smile about/listen to next Monday.

#9 ·
Umm...I'm surprised you guys are even giving this site the time of day? Maybe this is a joke...but it seems to fit....this site was created by a 6th grader...literally. Go to the "about this site" link. Kinda funny though...a few have you have just wasted moments of your life arguing with a 6th grader.

#13 ·
ErnstNF,

All the benchmarks I've seen have compared a single-processor P4 system against a dual-processor G4 system (with the single-processor P4 being faster), so it's probably more appropriate to compare the dual-processor Xeon against the top-of-the-line PowerMac (currently @ 4300CDN).

#16 ·
Wow. What can I say.

I think there is one, maybe two accurate comments on that entire site. Otherwise, it's just some little idiot who apparently has too much time on his hands and just wants to promote hatred.

And they call Mac users 'zealots'?

Yeesh. i want an apology from all the people who called me a zealot. I've never been that nasty AND uninformed at the same time.

#17 ·
http://www.jsmagic.com/spam/

From the web page:
This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer version 5.0 and up. If you are not sure what browser you are using, "click here".

My comments:
Apparently the web site thinks I'm using Microsoft. I. E. 4, Now why would that be?, When it's obvious that I'm using version 5.1.6.

A Windows glitch?

Very strange.

David

#19 ·
dont visit this site, dont respond to him , dont enter into any discussion with him
If you ignore these guys they go away.
Its all just a silly waste of time.
I really am interested in how many actual Windows Evangelists are out there.
Ive never really met oneout of the dozens of PC users I know.

Most people use windows at home because it is the OS bundled with the cheapest PCs at their local dealer.
Whereas a mac user must seek out his OS and system of choice, not by luck or happenstance but by deliberate decision.
Even Bill gates wouldnt thank this guy for his trashy site, it serves no purpose other than to annoy, there is no need for Windows Evangelists , whats the point?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.