Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Mac OS X Tiger for Mac Pro 1,1

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  unblocktheplanet 
#1 ·
G'day,

Where could I find a copy of Mac OS X Tiger that would run on my Mac Pro 1,1.

I contacted Apple and they can't help. eBay has some but the prices are ridiculous for such old software. Downloads from web searches seem a bit iffy.

Is there a clean source out there that I could tap in to?

Cheers.

#3 ·
But why?

Snow Leopard or Lion would be better suited. If you're thinking that you can run OS9 apps in Classic with Tiger, then think again. No Intel Macs can run Classic.

#8 ·
Let me see if I can create an image you can download first - failing that I will send to you. That download link from Rob is gold - if you make an installer on a USB it might work better. I have built an El Cap installer on a USB stick

#14 ·
The plan was to install as many Mac Oses as possible on my Mac Pro. Just a fun hobby for a while.

The machine is in good working order. I can boot into Leopard through to El Capitan. They are all on separate partitions and installed using things like SFOTT, MacPostFactor and some jiggery-pokery in Terminal.

Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion were straight installs with none of the Dark Arts being involved. The partition reserve for Tiger is sitting waiting for an install.

I have downloaded disk images from Archive.org and burned then to USB sticks using Disk Utility. Other Mac users have generously shared System disks with me. But when I reboot I get a kernel panic so I suspect something else is in play here.

The last download was 10.4.10 in 2 disks.

Any ideas as to why I'm stymied?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.