: just a quick heads-up--TD iphone app

johnb1
Aug 1st, 2019, 08:04 PM
I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 13. I bank with TD and use their iPhone app. Or at least I used to, because after I updated my iPhone to iOS 13, their app is unusable, as in crashes/times out. So if you bank with TD and want to use their iPhone app, don't update your iPhone to iOS 13. Stay on 12. TD knows about this, and has told me that when iOS officially releases in the fall or later, they will update their app or try to fix it so that it doesn't crash, and actually works. This is a known bug with iOS 13, which was news to me.
I can't say if other banks' iPhone apps work fine in iOS 13, because I just use the one. Funny though, I thought iOS 13 was out of beta. Apparently I was mistaken.

JB

SINC
Aug 1st, 2019, 10:17 PM
Here is a real heads up. Stay away from betas. Period. Full stop. iOS 13 is a beta.

My banking app (CIBC) works just fine on 12.3, but not yet tried on 12.4 which just recently came out, but is not a beta.

You experiment, you lose too often.

wonderings
Aug 2nd, 2019, 12:43 PM
Here is a real heads up. Stay away from betas. Period. Full stop. iOS 13 is a beta.

My banking app (CIBC) works just fine on 12.3, but not yet tried on 12.4 which just recently came out, but is not a beta.

You experiment, you lose too often.

+1

You cannot expect any app developer to have thing sorted out for a beta. I am wronging the iPad OS beta because that gets light use. On my iPhone I do not mess around with betas and just wait till they are officially released. You always take a gamble. Many things will work fine, but as the OP has found out not all things will and you cannot expect an immediate and prompt fix. For me I am personally suffering with Angry Birds 2 not loading in the beta of iPad OS. I am making the best of it.

Garry
Aug 2nd, 2019, 11:46 PM

++1 I use the beta, and knew the risks going in. At least Apple has stopped the old practice of people leaving crappy reviews of software because it doesn’t work on betas. I just tried and got this message..
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/3519cf457bfd8085c325938f41c8c6c9.jpg

polywog
Aug 3rd, 2019, 11:53 AM
<SNIP> Funny though, I thought iOS 13 was out of beta. Apparently I was mistaken.

JB

If you recently updated to iOS 13, you had to go to the beta page, register your device, add the Beta Profile and all that. How did you get the impression it was out of beta?

polywog
Aug 3rd, 2019, 11:55 AM

Unless you enjoy beta testing that is, and understand the implications of doing so. (A lot of people think of it as a preview, and never once bother to submit feedback on bugs etc.)

HowEver
Aug 3rd, 2019, 05:20 PM
Some people can survive not having a banking app work for a few weeks, and are happy to use something else on another device for the interim.

macintosh doctor
Aug 6th, 2019, 09:52 PM
i do bank with TD and rely heavily on the app as i dislike dealing with intellectually advance humans at my branch and prefer to bank at home in the privacy and comfort of my home in my underwear.. just recently realized as i deposit the cheques that my testicles in my clavin kliens have been in the photos.. lol
i am sure those that approve the digital deposits have seen worse lol

BReligion
Aug 7th, 2019, 09:17 AM
.. just recently realized as i deposit the cheques that my testicles in my clavin kliens have been in the photos..

Without a doubt, the quote of the month on this board..... :lmao:

BReligion

pm-r
Aug 7th, 2019, 03:23 PM
As mentioned several times previously, one should expext third party apps to get broken when running any Beta, even with the first few GM Public release update versions for that matter.

I for one would actually like to see Apple slow down on all their major OS releases, macOS and now all the iOS versions, and go back to refining and getting a lot of the details and features they have dropped back and working properly.

- Patrick
======

macintosh doctor
Aug 7th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Without a doubt, the quote of the month on this board..... :lmao:

BReligion

i am sure TD has had to expect that to happen, when banking at home lol
PS haven't had them bounce yet.. the cheques that is lol

wonderings
Aug 8th, 2019, 10:24 AM
i do bank with TD and rely heavily on the app as i dislike dealing with intellectually advance humans at my branch and prefer to bank at home in the privacy and comfort of my home in my underwear.. just recently realized as i deposit the cheques that my testicles in my clavin kliens have been in the photos.. lol
i am sure those that approve the digital deposits have seen worse lol

How does that even happen? Whenever I have used the app to deposit cheques I have to get in pretty close and fit the cheque in the rectangle they have on screen, never had anything but the cheque and maybe a little of the table on the outside show.

macintosh doctor
Aug 8th, 2019, 11:38 PM
How does that even happen? Whenever I have used the app to deposit cheques I have to get in pretty close and fit the cheque in the rectangle they have on screen, never had anything but the cheque and maybe a little of the table on the outside show.

business cheques are twice the size of personal cheques so you have to be higher off the table..