: Save picture from iPhone mail to Photos????

wonderings
May 29th, 2019, 04:16 PM
I have an iPhone XR with all the latest updates.

I have a picture in my email I want to save to my photos so I can open with a specific app. Thought this would be simple but it seems Apple has again made things much more difficult then it should be... unless of course it is just me missing something very simple and obvious.

First I tap the picture in mail. Top right corner is a box with an arrow pointing up, I tap that. This is where I thought I would have a save to photos option but I do not. I have: message, mail, add to notes, shared albums, copy to acrobat, copy to dropbox, copy to iMovie, save to pdf, and more.

I click more and just have the same options including some that are not activated like send to kindle or flickr. Nothing about Photos on the iPhone.

I tried copying the photo from mail but see nowhere to paste the photo in Photos.

I then saw a button "save to file" which I thought must be it. In there I have iCloud drive and on my iPhone. I do not use the iCloud drive or want to so I selected "on my iPhone" which seemed to make sense as I want to save it onto my iPhone. I select that and again are given some options but none about saving to photos. What I can do is save to: Acrobat, GarageBand, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and Pedometer. Nothing else, and the ability to add a place is greyed out.

Am I doing something wrong or has Apple again made things way more difficult if not impossible to do????

CubaMark
May 29th, 2019, 05:09 PM
This may not be of much help, as mine is a 5s running iOS 10 ;) But all I do is press and hold on the picture and get "save image". That pops it into Photos on the iPhone, which syncs to Photos in the cloud and on my desktop. YMMV.

wonderings
May 29th, 2019, 05:48 PM
This may not be of much help, as mine is a 5s running iOS 10 ;) But all I do is press and hold on the picture and get "save image". That pops it into Photos on the iPhone, which syncs to Photos in the cloud and on my desktop. YMMV.

Thought you might have had the answer there and had some real hope! Just tried though and a big NOPE on that unfortunately.

Sheeesh this should not be that difficult.

CubaMark
May 29th, 2019, 06:05 PM
Huh. A bit of searching indicates that my method should work for you. :(

ChilBear
May 29th, 2019, 08:44 PM
How about emailing it to the desktop, how about connecting the phone to the desktop using power cable and open the phone using iPhoto on the desktop (this works for me but I have El Cap on my Desktop)

SINC
May 29th, 2019, 09:32 PM
All I do is touch the photo, touch it a second time and select 'save'. Then open photos and there it is on the latest iOS on my iPhone 8 Plus.

wonderings
May 30th, 2019, 09:04 AM
The touch and second touch did not work, but I thought something wonky might be going on so I did a restart (should have started with that). After going through similar methods I did see a save image option and that did what I needed. Thanks for the help and suggestions.