: how do we insert an image here that is from our computer?

mcoltezo
May 23rd, 2019, 05:15 PM
Hi,

I want to share a couple of screen shots and ask a question but when I click insert image it wants a URL. They're...on my computer...

Help...

:-/

ChilBear
May 23rd, 2019, 06:24 PM
if you use a google account - park it on the Google Drive and share the link works for me.

CubaMark
May 23rd, 2019, 08:28 PM
I use Dropbox myself. You just need to remember to change the "dl=0" to "raw=1" at the end of the url in order for it to embed correctly.

polywog
May 23rd, 2019, 09:59 PM
I believe you use the "Attachment" button (the paperclip) and not the Image button, which is a little counterintuitive. See (hopefully) attached.

pm-r
May 23rd, 2019, 11:07 PM
I believe you use the "Attachment" button (the paperclip) and not the Image button, which is a little counterintuitive. See (hopefully) attached.

Or in the "Advanced" reply window, use this and navigage to and select your image.

Don't forget that you also have to click the "Upload" button in that window that sometimes likes to hide itself. Make the window bigger if necessary in order to see it.

- Patrick
======

hexdiy
May 24th, 2019, 04:52 AM
I use Imgur.com to host my pictures. They provide you with different types of links for convienient postig, sharing, mailing.

Imgur centralises pics, so I can post them on multiple fora, attach them to mails, etc.

Like that I only have to upload them once.

Imgur is free & has never let me down!

pm-r
May 24th, 2019, 01:46 PM
I use Imgur.com to host my pictures. They provide you with different types of links for convienient postig, sharing, mailing.

As the OP says, He has some screenshots on his desktop that he wants to share with the list"
but when I click insert image it wants a URL. They're...on my computer...

BTW: Normaly next to the URLChoice, there should be another box saying something like On this computer use the computer button option then navigate to your desktop and select the screenshot you want to upload. And don't forget to have to press the upload button that may be hiding a bit If the window is not large enough.

- Patrick
======