: New iPad Air

DR Hannon
Apr 9th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Well, it has been a while since I have been here. I am glad to see a few familiar names. Glad to be back.

I just picked up 3 new iPad Airs for the family and so far we are really enjoying them. I have never used an iPad Pro, so I really cannot compare them, but my last iPad was a mini 4 and it is blazingly fast and the colours pop out. So far everything I have thrown at it has gone without a hitch.

SINC
Apr 9th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Welcome back and glad you are having a good experience.

I have tired iPads before and find them ineffective at producing and maintaining a web site. Just not a serious enough machine for much more than social media, email and a rather bulky and unwieldy camera.

Each to his own for sure.

polywog
Apr 10th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Well, it has been a while since I have been here. I am glad to see a few familiar names. Glad to be back.

I just picked up 3 new iPad Airs for the family and so far we are really enjoying them. I have never used an iPad Pro, so I really cannot compare them, but my last iPad was a mini 4 and it is blazingly fast and the colours pop out. So far everything I have thrown at it has gone without a hitch.

Welcome Back!

IIRC, the new iPads aren't much different than the last gen Pros, so they will be insanely fast. I do most of my semi-pro photo editing with the Pro and it's fantastic.

DR Hannon
Apr 10th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I have replaced my laptop with the ipad mini 4 and the new Air is much more capable. I have created a website and updated it without a hitch. The only thing is I have had to switch over to Microsoft Office 365. But I used the Mini 4 exclusively for my Officer training.

I have included the website created.

https://rcsccwoodstock.ca

wonderings
Apr 10th, 2019, 03:08 PM
I only use my iPad for browsing the web, some youtube videos and occasionally watching netflix when on the treadmill. Not something I would ever use for work, I do like it for my uses though and prefer browsing on the iPad over anything else.

pm-r
Apr 10th, 2019, 05:51 PM
... ... ... But I used the Mini 4 exclusively for my Officer training.

I have included the website created.

https://rcsccwoodstock.ca

Good luck with yout iPad and your webpages reminded my of my years in the RCSCC at Shanigan Lake (Cougar) and Victoris (Malahat), as part of their bands.

That was a few years ago as I've just turned 78!!! :D

- Patrick
======

DR Hannon
Apr 11th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Good luck with yout iPad and your webpages reminded my of my years in the RCSCC at Shanigan Lake (Cougar) and Victoris (Malahat), as part of their bands.

That was a few years ago as I've just turned 78!!! :D

- Patrick
======

I do not think the experience ever leaves us. :)

Bigmac02
Apr 23rd, 2019, 08:19 PM
sounds like a good buy:)