: iTunes does not see iPad or iPhone

wonderings
Sep 28th, 2018, 04:29 PM
I have an iPad Mini with fingerprint and an iPhone 7+. Today I wanted to drop in a little movie clip I had onto my iPad but noticed it was not showing my 2 connected devices in iTunes like usual. I updated to High Sierra about 2 weeks ago, not sure if I have checked since then. Both iOS devices have latest updates. How do I get iTunes to see the devices again? I did the usual stuff, restarted everything, disconnected devices, unplugged from USB and tried different USB port on my 5K iMac.

Cannot figure this out or what could have caused this to happen. The only thing I recently did was delete an iPhone backup under devices in iTunes preferences.

pm-r
Sep 29th, 2018, 12:49 AM
iTunes does not see iPad or iPhone

Have you checked out this Apple kb article???:
If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204095

It might help maybe???

- Patrick
======

wonderings
Oct 1st, 2018, 09:51 AM
Have you checked out this Apple kb article???:
If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204095

It might help maybe???

- Patrick
======

I did come across that in my searches for a solution. Was hoping there was something more to try other then reinstalling iTunes. It is definitely iTunes as my virtual machine loads the phone and iPad as well as my MacBook Pro.

polywog
Oct 1st, 2018, 11:52 AM
Your devices were unlocked? USB connection won't work unless it is.

wonderings
Oct 1st, 2018, 12:19 PM
Your devices were unlocked? USB connection won't work unless it is.

Yes they are definitely unlocked. They can connect to iTunes in a virtual machine of Mojave on the computer in question (running High Sierra).

wonderings
Feb 8th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Just a little update to this and it has really left me baffled. My parents are heading out to Germany tomorrow and I was going to drop some episodes of the old show Bonanza on his iPad. I have the files saved locally on my computer. My work around for my issue was using a virtual Mojave OS. I can connect my iPad and iPhone to iTunes in that and send files over that way. When I plugged in my dads iPad Air (model just before the finger sensor) iTunes opened and asked the usual trust question. I said yes and to my surprise the iPad showed in iTunes. I was not aware of any updates I had done but thought maybe I had done one and this issue was resolved. I tried plugging in my iPad mini and iPhone in and nothing, they do not connect. I think it might be an iOS thing, both my iPad and iPhone are fully updated, I think my dads iPad is a version or 2 behind.