: Windows 10 Purchase to run on my Mac

krs
Mar 17th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Hi,

I want to get the Window 10 operating system to add on a partition of my Mac and run that with boot camp.

When I look at the options of buying that, I come across dozens of ebay auctions for the activation key for essentially pennies.

Like this one, but there are dozens more
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-WINDOWS-10-PROFESSIONAL-PRO-KEY-32-64BIT-ACTIVATION-CODE-LICENSE-KEY/112854025322?epid=27014279933&hash=item1a469fc46a:g:-ZEAAOSwFHZan8hf

For the price of the key, something is obviously not on the upand up....or maybe it is.
This guy sold over 1000 with no complaints.

Anyone have any insight what is going on?
Do these codes just suddenly get invalid and will Windows then no longer boot?
Or has someone outside Microsoft figured out the algorithm to generate the key.

I haven't looked at Windows for years so I have no clue how they now distribute software

smashedbanana
Mar 18th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Very likely they registered as a Microsoft Refurbisher. It's an easy process with a "test" that has like 24 questions to pass. You can open the study materials and F3 search the document as you are answering. Super easy to cheat.

The program allows stores and suppliers to purchase Windows 7, 8 , 10 and Office 2013 and 2016 licenses for refurbished pcs. The caveat is that the pc had to have an existing windows license (COA) i.e. Windows Vista or Windows 7. They enter that COA (the Windows Vista or 7) in the Refubisher portal and out pops a Windows 10 Pro License key.

Same applies for Office. Enter a 2007 or 2010 key and you can get a 2016.

Which is fully functional. And only costs a couple dollars.

Will the key work? Yes.
Windows will activate, install,etc.

Is it legit? No
It's a total violation of the agreement.

What does it mean for you? Maybe nothing.

Your key may function forever.

Or Microsoft (when they catch this seller , who very likely keeps signing up to the program as different people/businesses) will deactivate your key at some point.

If you do this and it does deactivate you can later purchase a legit Windows 10 and enter that key. FYI though this shady key is for Windows 10 Pro. Which is more than Windows 10 Home so down the road it may cost you a bit more $$$.