: 2018 MacBook Air

krs
Mar 12th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Any more rumours what the new MacBook Air might look like?

The MacBook Air is finally getting the Pro feature we’ve wanted for years – BGR (http://bgr.com/2018/03/12/macbook-air-2018-specs-vs-pro/)

I like the better screen but I'm wondering what Apple is going to do about the connectivity.

I think having a single USB-C port like the MacBook would be ridiculous.

maximusbibicus
Mar 13th, 2018, 07:53 PM
It's going to be interesting to see its what its packing. Do we really need something between the MacBook and the Pro.

wonderings
Mar 20th, 2018, 04:29 PM
It's going to be interesting to see its what its packing. Do we really need something between the MacBook and the Pro.

I used to think there was a need between the MacBook and the MacBook Pro as the MacBook was severely under powered with those M processors and lacked ports. Now at least they have boosted things with the MacBook, giving it some good i5/i7 processors. Still missing some ports, but that is fixed with some dongles. Not sure where a MacBook Air would fit now, or if it is even needed. The screen is horrible compared to the retina screens on everything else. If the Airs had gotten a screen update I would have bought one in a second. Currently I am shopping for a small light weight laptop to replace my 15" rMBP that takes up far too much room on my motorcycle when travelling. Been watching the refurb store for a decent deal on a MacBook with i5 or i7 chip in it.

baker_jeff
Jun 2nd, 2018, 03:04 PM
I'm excited to see what happens. I have a 2017 MBP for daily use and rarely need the ports on the road. At home, I stick it in a dock, plug in the charger and dongle which then fires it up to a big 28" 4K monitor. The dongle is there if I need to plug in anything USB, so it is convenient enough.

Do users of a less powerful MacBook find value in a setup like that and hooking it up to a big monitor? Lack of ports is annoying... but probably only for another 6-12 months. The market will catch up.