: RIP Billy Graham

macintosh doctor
Feb 21st, 2018, 11:01 AM
oh wow.. that is indeed a loss to peoplekind - he was an inspiration. one of the few last greats of his time.
His message was always consistent and simple
Which today is sorely lacking in the US and Canada with all the nonsense going on.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/us/billy-graham-obit/index.html

eMacMan
Feb 22nd, 2018, 02:29 AM
For whatever reason this song instantly came to mind, though I am pretty sure it was originally inspired by Jim Baker, or Pat Robertson, or........

Anyways I'll pre-apologize to any who find this in poor taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMMBE6KRbI

Macfury
Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:19 AM
It's not a matter of taste... it's inaccurate. Graham notoriously turned down most of the wealth he could have scooped out of his ministry.

CubaMark
Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:02 AM
It's not a matter of taste... it's inaccurate. Graham notoriously turned down most of the wealth he could have scooped out of his ministry.

Sure... $25 million is enough for anyone, right?

But regardless... his personal wealth notwithstanding, the counsel he provided to most U.S. Presidents since Truman are concerning, particularly his very un-Christian advice to Nixon on how to kill the Vietnamese. Like most holier-than-thou televangelists, there were no shortage of topics on which to find him lacking in compassion and understanding.

Rps
Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:35 AM
I am not a religious person, so my take on his passing is that he was the consummate professional. He understood his market, and in many instances was a futurist in the use of media and persona......Says Law so to speak. Regardless, his career spanned decades as did his influence. He now has the answer to an age old question....... Rest In Peace Rev. Graham, you gave it all you had.

Macfury
Feb 22nd, 2018, 11:59 AM
The property was owned by the ministry and still is.

Not buying any of the other faux concern on your part. You were fine with Castro's "lack of compassion" in organizing mass executions "because they deserved it."

But regardless... his personal wealth notwithstanding, the counsel he provided to most U.S. Presidents since Truman are concerning, particularly his very un-Christian advice to Nixon on how to kill the Vietnamese. Like most holier-than-thou televangelists, there were no shortage of topics on which to find him lacking in compassion and understanding.

FeXL
Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
You were fine with Castro's "lack of compassion" in organizing mass executions "because they deserved it."

I'm always fascinated by CM's willingness to excuse all manner of atrocities in support of the Prog narrative...

Rps
Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:15 PM

Im sorry, I must have read the banner of this thread wrong!

SINC
Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:17 PM
It is always evident when people should choose not to comment. Apparently their mother never taught them, 'if you can't say anything good, STFU.'

Few orators every eclipsed Billy and you can't take that away from him.

eMacMan
Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:47 PM
It is always evident when people should choose not to comment. Apparently their mother never taught them, 'if you can't say anything good, STFU.'

I heard him speak way back. He was indeed a polished speaker even back in the late sixties. I will admit that I was greatly tempted to toss some change into the bucket, but fortunately had had the presence of mind/poverty to attend with empty pockets.

CubaMark
Feb 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM

And I remain baffled by people who put evil men on a pedestal and sing their praises just because they've kicked the bucket.

There's no short list of historical figures who have been great orators, who nonetheless have committed atrocities....

Macfury
Feb 22nd, 2018, 01:48 PM
There's no short list of historical figures who have been great orators, who nonetheless have committed atrocities....

Yep.

https://www.ehmac.ca/everything-else-eh/145810-r-i-p-fidel-castro.html

FeXL
Feb 22nd, 2018, 01:53 PM
Like, say, Castro?

And I remain baffled by people who put evil men on a pedestal and sing their praises just because they've kicked the bucket.

Rps
Feb 22nd, 2018, 02:33 PM

So I guess I did read this wrong, I thought this was the Rest In Peace Billy Graham thread instead its the Rip Billy Graham thread.

CubaMark
Feb 22nd, 2018, 02:34 PM
Like, say, Castro?

No, you didn't read closely enough, I said evil men. Try to keep up.

eMacMan
Feb 22nd, 2018, 03:02 PM
There is no shortage of hypocrites amongst the evangelical crowd. Ted Haggerty, and Jim and Tammy Fay leap instantly to mind.

Whether Billy is to be included on that list will be judged by St. Peter. We won't know the outcome but I am sure it will be appropriate.

Macfury
Feb 22nd, 2018, 04:38 PM

Yup, just a thief, murderer and a dictator--but the people he victimized deserved it and he created laws that made his evil legacy legal.

SINC
Feb 22nd, 2018, 04:40 PM

SINC
Feb 22nd, 2018, 04:42 PM
Not to mention he is admired by Trudeau. :rolleyes:

FeXL
Feb 22nd, 2018, 06:28 PM
Merely further confirmation that you Progs don't have an f'ing clue.

Thx. :clap:

rgray
Feb 23rd, 2018, 05:33 AM
Another howling hypocrite bites the dust!

Good riddance!

No one cares.

macintosh doctor
Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:07 AM
Another howling hypocrite bites the dust!

Good riddance!

No one cares.

you are in the wrong thread - Trudeau still lives.

Beej
Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:40 AM
So I guess I did read this wrong, I thought this was the Rest In Peace Billy Graham thread instead its the Rip Billy Graham thread.

I read it the same way as you.

rgray
Feb 24th, 2018, 04:17 PM

Harry Truman, after meeting him, declared Graham "one of those counterfeits," and added, "All he's interested in is getting his name in the newspaper."

Macfury
Feb 24th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Well, if it's good enough for Harry Truman...

rgray
Feb 24th, 2018, 05:29 PM
The Soul-Crushing Legacy of Billy Graham (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-soul-crushing-legacy-of-billy-graham-w517067)

macintosh doctor
Feb 24th, 2018, 06:16 PM
The Soul-Crushing Legacy of Billy Graham (https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-soul-crushing-legacy-of-billy-graham-w517067)

can't wait to read either of the Clinton's sexist and murdering legacy by the rolling stones LMAO..