: Beta Program

csonni
Feb 5th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Just wondering how many here are signed up as Beta Testers and actually run MacOS, iOS and tvOS on their Macs and devices. Has anyone ran into any major glitches? Do you usually wait for the 2nd or 3rd Beta before installing?

West Coast Boy
Feb 5th, 2018, 08:56 AM
I have in the past participated in the Apple Beta program and run both iOS and mac betas, haven't run into any real problems, although I usually waited until the 3rd beta before actually installing on my systems.

polywog
Feb 5th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Just wondering how many here are signed up as Beta Testers and actually run MacOS, iOS and tvOS on their Macs and devices. Has anyone ran into any major glitches? Do you usually wait for the 2nd or 3rd Beta before installing?

I have in the past, but I don't have any spare devices to do so with anymore. Don't recommend it on your daily machines.

wonderings
Feb 5th, 2018, 10:18 AM
I would install the betas as virtual machines though lately I have not felt a reason to do it as the new updates really do not offer anything that excites me or looks to improve my experience with MacOS. Sure bigger emojis are fantastic, just not helpful or something I care the slightest about.

pm-r
Feb 5th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Just wondering…

Hmmm…??? Why even bother installing any Apple Beta software unless you are a developer?? Or just really want to contribute if and when possible???

Or just like experimenting and goofing around and wanting to be an announcer of being a "first user"….????