: Hang on, can we do this? that would be sweet if we can. OS9

AquaAngel
Jan 21st, 2018, 09:46 PM
Just curious on how or if we can change the look on those new Mac Os X to look like os 9.

I miss the gui of the mac os 9 to be honest with you. My work horse is running 10.9 so this feature of contrast not gonna work on that os, but 10.10 can do it, but was wondering if there is a 3rd party apps out there that can change the look of osx into os 9.
http://lowendmac.com/wp-content/uploads/mac-os-8.png
:clap:

pm-r
Jan 21st, 2018, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure what you're wanting but most of the same GUI OS 9 features are still available in various OS X versions, that just have different names and locations as to how they are implemented or customized.

Did you have something specific in mind????

I'm still mostly using 10.9 and all the features you posted are available but maybe with a bit of modification but the results can be the same or sometimes a bit better, and yes, sometimes a bit worse.

AquaAngel
Jan 21st, 2018, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure what you're wanting but most of the same GUI OS 9 features are still available in various OS X versions, that just have different names and locations as to how they are implemented or customized.

Did you have something specific in mind????

I'm still mostly using 10.9 and all the features you posted are available but maybe with a bit of modification but the results can be the same or sometimes a bit better, and yes, sometimes a bit worse.

like in the os X 10.10.x in the accessibilty, you can turn on contrast then in the appearance, you turn it to grey instead of blue and it kinds of give you the look of the older os, but i want that kind of look under os X 10.9. you know, way back when , we use to use AAron to change the look of our os 9 to make it look SUPER COOL, Well i'm looking for the same thing but so that my 10.9 looks like os 9, not so fancy colors, not to many bevels, you know, the feel and look of an Os9

pm-r
Jan 22nd, 2018, 12:02 AM
OK, so I guess I'd suggest doing a web search on something general like 'customize the look of OS X' and checkout some of the hits.

Or make the search more specific for what you might be looking for.

Be aware, that the more you mod or try and change the basic OS X, the more conflicts you can run into.

You'll also have to contend with Gatekeeper and no doubt disable SIP, at least to get some stuff installed.

Anyway, have a look at some of the hits here:
https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=customize+the+look+of+OS+X&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=KmBlWo6HEe_e8AeEz4v4CQ

- Patrick
======