: want to put Pages on older mac

mcoltezo
Jan 6th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I saw how to get apps onto my older IPad 2 but I can't see how to do this on my MBP running 10.7.5

I even got Pages onto the IPad!

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

mcoltezo
Jan 6th, 2018, 07:17 PM
I found my disk for iwork 06 and loaded it on. The Apple support page talked about doing updates but they don't seem to be working. Any thoughts? thanks.

BTW, my MBP is a mid 2009

eMacMan
Jan 7th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Given that every version of every iWork application seems to be a step backwards, I would stay right there and if other devices are newer, save documents at the old level.

mcoltezo
Jan 7th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I'd heard/read that about Pages becoming worse over the years. Trouble is I only have a trial version on the computer but a more up-to-date one on the ipad. ...I wonder if I would have to actually pay for it if I do that in the trial version, given it's now free on iTunes.

I'll give it a try.

pm-r
Jan 8th, 2018, 12:55 AM
Trouble is I only have a trial version on the computer

There used to be a trick of turning the iWork trial version into a valid one if it will still work.

Start your web browser search engine and search the web… I'm sure the info and method is still out there…

- Patrick
======

pm-r
Jan 8th, 2018, 08:09 PM
I wonder if I would have to actually pay for it if I do that in the trial version

Maybe try this:
https://www.cultofmac.com/306118/download-apples-iwork-apps-older-macs-free/

Or try some of the other "free" install hits from:
https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=authorise+demo+trial+iwork+pages&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JgdUWtTBIc3e8AfUjJ2ABA

- Patrick
======

mcoltezo
Feb 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I managed to figure it out. ...'course can I remember what I did? no.... but I have also just updated my OS so that probably would have eventually solved the challenge. Thanks to those who chimed in to help.

pm-r
Feb 16th, 2018, 02:13 PM
I managed to figure it out. ...

Good for you, but it's a bit hard to follow with over a month since you previous thread posts and still with very few if any details of what you are actually dealing with.

Anyway, good luck with your installs and updates.

- Patrick
======

mcoltezo
Feb 17th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hi Patrick,

Sorry, I had OS Lion but managed to get Pages on it. Now since upgrading, I have El Capitan and everything (all programs) stayed put with the upgrade so I was really pleased.

cheers!

pm-r
Feb 17th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Hi Patrick,

Sorry, I had OS Lion but managed to get Pages on it. Now since upgrading, I have El Capitan and everything (all programs) stayed put with the upgrade so I was really pleased.

cheers!

Good to hear and thanks for posting back with your updates.

Don't forget to select the App Store for any Software Updates and do them and any restarts suggested, and then repeat until nothing new is showing or available.

Then you'll be fully up to date — at least for now!!!! ;)

mcoltezo
Feb 17th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!